Sudden Broken Hair - What the Heck??!

RafterBatRafterBat Registered Users Posts: 182 Curl Novice
I don't pull my hair back often, so I have no idea when this happened, but there is a 1" square clump of hair above/just behind my right temple that is now less than an inch long!

I probably will never figure out the cause, but what do I do now? As much as I'm tempted to hack it all off (it has *not* been behaving or responding to anything since October), I really don't want to try rocking a military buzz. :(

Do I resign myself to no ponytails for years? Or bite the bullet and BC?
2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Are you sure this is broken hair, and not just new hair growing in?
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • RafterBatRafterBat Registered Users Posts: 182 Curl Novice
    janiegirl wrote: »
    Are you sure this is broken hair, and not just new hair growing in?

I'm not certain, but it's a defined clump, about an inch square, and surrounded by hair several inches longer. I'd think if it were new growth, it would not be so clearly demarcated against the rest.
    For now I'm taking the conservative route and leaving everything alone. My goal is to someday go without styling products, and past history has shown that to be much more possible when my hair is past shoulder length. At least I am able to cover/hide the odd patch!
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file