Bad deva cut - help!

Last wednesday (9days ago) i took the pluge and, after growing out my hair for years) decided to get a deva cut.
The past 2 years i barely straoghtened my hair - maybe 4 or 6 times a year
The stylist cut off a lot of length, but the ends were dead so it was necessary. However, she cut short only a couple strands in the front to be short and mainly on the right side of my face
Now i know for curls, hair doesn't always need to be even, but the day after i left the salon it felt soo uneven to me. Ive never liked how short curly bangs look on me, i like the brush the curls in the front back and to the sideI never specifed to her not to shorten the front/bangs but she just went for it and by then it was too late. I also really liked the haircut at first but the more i looked at it the more i became frustrated with the front.
2 days after, i couldnt take it and cut the other side she left clearly missing, and now.. I have awfully awkward bangs
I dont know how to style them, i dont have enough money to constantly be buying deva products and putting a bunch in my hair every wash, and overall i just dont like how i look now :( the rest of my hair looks good at least
I dont know if i should call her and ask for help, or wait it out since the fronts so short already. Waiting and getting a cut later is also pricy. Its $75-100.
Please help!! Any other short curly banged ladies out there?
I have cork screw hair on most of my head and some corkicelli curls, especially the front

Comments

• sdkittysdkitty Registered Users Posts: 360 Curl Novice
    Last wednesday (9days ago) i took the pluge and, after growing out my hair for years) decided to get a deva cut.
    The past 2 years i barely straoghtened my hair - maybe 4 or 6 times a year
    The stylist cut off a lot of length, but the ends were dead so it was necessary. However, she cut short only a couple strands in the front to be short and mainly on the right side of my face
    Now i know for curls, hair doesn't always need to be even, but the day after i left the salon it felt soo uneven to me. Ive never liked how short curly bangs look on me, i like the brush the curls in the front back and to the sideI never specifed to her not to shorten the front/bangs but she just went for it and by then it was too late. I also really liked the haircut at first but the more i looked at it the more i became frustrated with the front.
    2 days after, i couldnt take it and cut the other side she left clearly missing, and now.. I have awfully awkward bangs
    I dont know how to style them, i dont have enough money to constantly be buying deva products and putting a bunch in my hair every wash, and overall i just dont like how i look now :( the rest of my hair looks good at least
    I dont know if i should call her and ask for help, or wait it out since the fronts so short already. Waiting and getting a cut later is also pricy. Its $75-100.
    Please help!! Any other short curly banged ladies out there?
    I have cork screw hair on most of my head and some corkicelli curls, especially the front
    I don't know if I'd go back to her. What could she do? Cut more short pieces? that could make things worse. I think I'd let it grow out and get another hairdresser next time. As far as Deva products, I have a deva-trained stylist. She sells Deva products but doesn't push me to buy them. I don't use them as I feel I can get good products for a better price. I use Garnier Pure Clean gel. It does a great job for styling on my 3a hair and it's cheap. GL
  • ShelleyCookShelleyCook Registered Users Posts: 54
    I personally think the bangs look really nice on you. But I would suggest if your preference is to grow it out then go ahead & do that & look for another hairdresser.

Sent from my SM-G930U using CurlTalk App
    CG since 2009. Fine 2C

Shampoo - Shikai Tea Tree Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner - Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor
    Leave In Conditioner - Giovanni Direct Leave In
    Styler - Queen Helene Royal Curl Curl Shaping Creme (gel) - looking for replacement b/c discontinued
    Scrunch out the Crunch - coconut oil
  • ghanimaghanima Registered Users Posts: 4
    I agree, they're not bad at all. I have something similar, and I leave them on the side. Like this on the forehead they make less sense to me. On the side, they frame the face beautifully. I have others longer, to fade the length. I cut them myself in this way.
  • MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
    If you read up here on Deva cuts, I think you will find very mixed reviews. I personally think they work best on gals that have a very defined curl pattern. I do not. I have had Deva cuts and dont have one now; I dont know that I like the asymetrical aspect of a Deva cut. That said, I t hink it is important to inquire about the training the stylis has had and how many years (or days!) of experience she might have in Deva cuts. I understand there are stylists out there who get a day of training in the Deva method and advertise that they do Deva cuts. Well -maybe - but not to the tune of $70-$100. Also, as others here have commented, many of us have started with deva products and found other products, better and cheaper. Deva products make my head itch.
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Registered Users Posts: 494 Curl Novice
    I have had two deva cuts. One last year and the cut was ok, but the guy was such a douche that I would never go back to him. I just got one yesterday from a girl that had good reviews. My hair is totally butchered. I will never go to another hair stylist again. Stylists are incompetent when it comes to curly hair. Deva trained or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file