Help with hair type!

LBoogie22LBoogie22 Posts: 37Registered Users
Hello there! After years and years and years of fighting my naturally curly hair and straightening it all the time I've finally found the information needed to start really taking care of my curls and learning to love them!

I'm not sure specific hair type I am though. It's much more curly underneath (maybe 3A) but more wavy on top 2A/2B? It is really thick and very coarse. I'm not sure of porosity though. It doesn't take super long to air dry maybe a few hours?

So what products do I need? Moisturizing? I feel like underneath is too long and can be/look stringy? Also I feel I need more volume?

I go for my first ever Deva cut at the Devachan salon in March (eek!) I'm hoping they can also give me tips and that the cut makes everything more uniform. Here are some pictures even though the lighting is bad. TIA! 209f39b7329884013eb71a7acc97b3b2.jpgb6aa1c164243cf0d79f2885e3a5c69ce.jpg35e1058b218c2ce8789f2c0b2235bee4.jpg2d1bf3f3305b698eee70a5e84d204dea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• LBoogie22LBoogie22 Posts: 37Registered Users
    Don't know if this is a better pic? it's kinda cut off though:

e542c3089763c7171e8f70ab36a447b2.jpg

• LBoogie22LBoogie22 Posts: 37Registered Users
    Today after "plopping" last night and sleeping in it:

f3348f558d4588c6f913b3ef86fd72d5.jpg

• Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Curl Neophyte Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is beautiful! As for hair type I can't say it looks in some pics 3a and in others a 2b/2c. So you have the advantage of styling it in different ways, for example in the first 2 pics it looks more like a 2c/3a but with less volume, in the last 2 pics the pattern is more loose but with more volume. So with time you will use that versatility of patterns to your advantage and style it the way you want.
    As for products, I don't know much about it, but conditioning is a good stat, your hair does look dry and frizzy except on the last pic where it looks moisturized and shinny. So keep doing what you did. If you want more hold and definition try gels or mousses. It will be a trial and error journey so try getting samples or smaller size products to give it a try until you find the right one for your hair.
    2c, dense and coarse hair.
  • Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Curl Neophyte Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is beautiful! As for hair type I can't say it looks in some pics 3a and in others a 2b/2c. So you have the advantage of styling it in different ways, for example in the first 2 pics it looks more like a 2c/3a but with less volume, in the last 2 pics the pattern is more loose but with more volume. So with time you will use that versatility of patterns to your advantage and style it the way you want.
    As for products, I don't know much about it, but conditioning is a good stat, your hair does look dry and frizzy except on the last pic where it looks moisturized and shinny. So keep doing what you did. If you want more hold and definition try gels or mousses. It will be a trial and error journey so try getting samples or smaller size products to give it a try until you find the right one for your hair.
    2c, dense and coarse hair.
  • zoeanne211zoeanne211 Posts: 1Registered Users
    You're hair is a lot like mine!! I struggle to really pin down my curl type, at the top it's like a 2b (i think because of heat damage and the length of my hair weighs it down) but the rest is mainly 2c with the ends of my hair forming 3a ringlets. Yours also looks like a mixture of 2b-3a :) In terms of products I'm currently using sheamoisture superfruit complex shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioner and I like all of them! I've also tried Yes to Cucumbers conditioner which I like but I think will be better in summer because it's lighter than the sheamoisture. I've also used sheamoisture fruit frusion shampoo which I like a lot. For gel i'm currently alternating between sheamoisture coconut and hibiscus curl & shine gel souffle (which I LOVE and a little goes a long way) and ecostyler argan oil gel (I use a lot of this and it gives me really good hold but less definition than the sheamoisture). I also use boots curl creme (i'm uk based so i you may not be able to get it if you're somewhere else) which is cheap and good and Aunt Jackies Quench Moisture Intensive leave in. Wow I'm becoming a bit of a product junkie but I only just started curly girl so I'm experimenting! I'm loving the curly girl method so far my hair is so much healthier and curlier too, I'd definitely give it a go if you can! Also deep conditioning is key- I do it weekly now and my hair is definitely thanking me for it :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file