Product Recommendations?

JennysCurlsJennysCurls Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi everyone :)

I have 3b/3c curls, low porosity, fine hair, thin strands. I am currently using Shea Moisture's Low Porosity Line and I find it to be too heavy and the hold is weak.

Any product recommendations?

Comments

• MamaCatMamaCat Registered Users Posts: 5
    I'm currently experimenting with DevaCurl Styling Cream and Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Defining Lotion as lighter options.
  • KailandKailand Registered Users Posts: 13
    Hi!

I think we have a slightly similar hair type. I'm a 3B/3C with a few curls of 4a and I'm low-porosity. When I'm looking for a conditioner, I look for rich, but not heavy conditioners, conditioners with no/low shea butter, conditioners that a medium in consistency (more like lotion).

I haven't had much success with SheaMoisture (I like the Frizz Defense Conditioner and Argan/Almond Oil Conditioner). I find that even with cleansing, it tends to build up. Also, try kids conditioning lines, they tend to be a bit lighter and lead to less weigh down and build up.

At Target I like, Camille Rose (Coconut Water line, Fresh Curl), Giovanni, As I Am, Curls Blueberry line, Tresemme Undone

Sallys: GVP Conditioning Balm, As I Am (Cowash and Leave in), Ion Repair (for protein), Aphogee (for protein), Mielle Organics (very strong smell to me), Eden Bodyworks (Smells like fake candy to me), Cantu for Kids

Curl Mart: Bobeam, Briogeo (Curl Charisma), Curl Junkie (All of it), Darcy's Botanticals, Obia Naturals

Hopefully that helps, but if you do have any Holy Grails, compare the ingredients in them and those are probably the ingredients that work best for you.
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    I wonder if you might like flax seed gel, with some added ingredients for hold. My hair is fine and when it was super lo po flax seed gel was one of the few things it could tolerate. Also gelatin gel.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file