Is anyone else as upset as I am?

Comments

• AngelaE9999AngelaE9999 Posts: 132Registered Users Curl Novice
    Curlista93 wrote: »
    And who says this is a Democrat site? How is that fair? Isn't this supposed to be a forum for people with curly hair? So all of a sudden, you have decided that Conservative people aren't welcome here? Really?? How is that right or fair? You don't see any problem with this at all??? Aren't these forums "open" to the public? There isn't anything on these forums that says that Conservative people cannot post here.
    You act just like those "Social Justice Warriors" so many conservatives speak of (and *possibly* yourself have spoken about). When did the poster say conservatives weren't welcome? Or that because you're conservative, you can't post or have an opinion? Now you're putting words in people's mouths. She suggested that you find another venue because you come off as extremely hostile in a significant amount of your posts. Not because you're conservative.

Sent from my SM-G920P using CurlTalk App

See what I mean? You're saying I am "hostile" and yet~I never called anyone a "troll", I never accused anyone of the abuse of foster children or anyone else, and I didn't tell anyone they weren't welcome to post here. Every bit of that was done to me on this thread. Every bit of it. But I'm the "hostile" one, huh? Please define this "hostility" with examples from my posts. I'd like to see exactly what you're calling "hostile". Once again, it's simply because you do not agree with me.
    Angela, your decision to return just to argue is.......childish. What are you hoping to accomplish? This is a largely Democratic site. No one is going to be persuaded by either your petty glee or harping on alleged inaccuracies.

It would be best if you found another venue to troll.

Once again, I was told that Conservatives are not welcome to post here. And I don't know what "petty glee" is (this poster did not define it or give examples) and what is "alleged inaccuracies"? See what I mean? I have 'taken it in the shorts' by several posters right here on this thread but I never once called anyone any names ("troll"), nor did I tell anyone they weren't welcome to post here. I also did not make a big public stink out of "ignoring" someone which is downright rude. If they want to ignore me, they can do it but do they really need to announce it right on the same thread the "ignored user" is posting on? You don't see anything rude or childish about that?? If you don't, that does not mean that *I* have a problem. The issue lies with you. Had people simply said "we agree to disagree" and left it at that, I would have been fine with that. But they didn't. They called me names, they said I wasn't welcome here, and they made a huge stink about "ignoring" me publically. That is Elementary School type behavior.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Has anyone else been watching Trevor Noah on YouTube? His coverage of Trump's presidency is simultaneously enlightening and hilarious. Most of the clips are 5-10 minutes, super informative and also manage to find the humour in this absurdity!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • mrzrapp2015mrzrapp2015 Posts: 122Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    WHAT are you ladies thinking about the new dear white people show on Netflix. FEATHERS HAVE BEEN RUFFLED. I thought the days of being politically correct were over.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using CurlTalk App
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Has anyone else been watching Trevor Noah on YouTube? His coverage of Trump's presidency is simultaneously enlightening and hilarious. Most of the clips are 5-10 minutes, super informative and also manage to find the humour in this absurdity!

I have only seen one clip, and he was spot on with pointing out the absurdity. I usually watch Stephen Colbert's monologues, which always make me laugh. I find them spot on, too. It's funny because good, intellectual comedians don't have to make anything up. The nonsense is all true.

I also watch Bill Maher from time to time, though I find his liberal biases get in his way of seeing things clearly at times. He had an episode where he interviewed AL Franken, who is now a legislator, not just a comedian. I gained new respect for Franken. He pointed out that Democrats need to choose their battles, not be obstructionist because the Republicans did it first. Unfortunately, a lot of people both in Congress and who are politically active don't get that.

At some point, less selfish, power-hungry people will need to work together so the country doesn't fall apart. All of this irrational anger is probably how we got to a Republican Congress that doesn't legislate, Trump in office, and all of this talk about conservatives and liberals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
    WHAT are you ladies thinking about the new dear white people show on Netflix. FEATHERS HAVE BEEN RUFFLED. I thought the days of being politically correct were over.

I saw some mentions of it but I am not sure exactly what it is. I am not sure a Netflix series is anything to get ruffled about, however. Those who don't like it aren't forced to watch it but it's there for those who do.

Case in point, I personally am not a big fan of comedies. They don't "do" anything for me. But for some people, they give them laughs and help them recover from a heavy work day or some such thing. So it's good that there are comedies available. I like dramas; especially police and law dramas. So I'm glad those things are available for me.

Those who don't like Dear White People can move on to something that suits them better. That's my viewpoint. :)

I have heard of it, but I haven't watched it. It's also on hulu. I heard interviews with some of the people who brought it to film. It seems like it would be interesting.

Same delicate little flowers who insult anti-Trump people and call them 'special snowflakes' are now Netflix of being anti-caucasian and racist against whites and choosing to boycott the website?

THE IRONY IS LAUGHABLE.

It's a satirical TV show based on a film that's already out in the world that garnered critical acclaim. The people moaning about this are the same ones insisting people 'play the race card' or similar nonsense . . . and yet they're getting their panties in a twist because a show doesn't act like white people are saviours and actually shines a light - and kind of pokes fun - and how racism is still prevalent in a lot of institutions today.

I mean . . . get the f*ck over it lol. Boycotting Netflix? HAH.

DC:

Same delicate little flowers who insult anti-Trump people and call them 'special snowflakes' are now Netflix of being anti-caucasian and racist against whites and choosing to boycott the website?

THE IRONY IS LAUGHABLE.

It's a satirical TV show based on a film that's already out in the world that garnered critical acclaim. The people moaning about this are the same ones insisting people 'play the race card' or similar nonsense . . . and yet they're getting their panties in a twist because a show doesn't act like white people are saviours and actually shines a light - and kind of pokes fun - and how racism is still prevalent in a lot of institutions today.

First off, no one here on this site said one negative thing about the show. We were asked what we thought about the series and while most of us haven't seen it, not one of us disparaged the show. So you're actually going to dredge up some illusive people with "panties in a twist" that you apparently saw 'somewhere on the internet' (who knows where) and say "get the f*ck over it" and all of that when not a bit of that stuff happened here? And I'm the one who gets called "childish" and "hostile"?? Really?? Certainly you can see why Conservative people might call those throwing silly tantrums "snowflakes". This is a prime example of "snowflake behavior". I have been called "childish" and "hostile" and not one time have I ever posted such hostility toward anyone, and certainly not toward some unknown, unnamed people somewhere on the internet who didn't like a TV show. That right there is "childish" and "hostile", not my posts.
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte

THE IRONY IS LAUGHABLE.

First off, no one here on this site said one negative thing about the show. We were asked what we thought about the series and while most of us haven't seen it, not one of us disparaged the show. So you're actually going to dredge up some illusive people with "panties in a twist" that you apparently saw 'somewhere on the internet' (who knows where) and say "get the f*ck over it" and all of that when not a bit of that stuff happened here? And I'm the one who gets called "childish" and "hostile"?? Really?? Certainly you can see why Conservative people might call those throwing silly tantrums "snowflakes". This is a prime example of "snowflake behavior". I have been called "childish" and "hostile" and not one time have I ever posted such hostility toward anyone, and certainly not toward some unknown, unnamed people somewhere on the internet who didn't like a TV show. That right there is "childish" and "hostile", not my posts.

This. Right. Here. Is the behavior people have been talking about! Wow.

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App

This. Right. Here. Is the behavior people have been talking about! Wow.

Wow, what? Because I don't think coming here raging against some unnamed, illusive "people on the internet" and using the "F" word against them and saying they've "got their panties in a twist" (which is coarse language) is appropriate? So my posts are what you're going to point to as "hostile" and "childish" even though I never raged against anyone here and I've always been completely respectful with my posts and have never used the "F" word or said someone had their "panties in a twist"? I don't speak that way. I have more class than to use the "F" word and say coarse things like what Brit said. Are you saying you honestly believe that Brit's post was fine, but mine are not? What, exactly, about my posts are making you say that when you think Brit's posts are fine?

Do you think this is okay, too? After all, it's behavior against a Conservative Trump supporter, so based on the reason you have given here, this must be fine with you:

People Call For Joy Villa To Be KILLED After She Wears Make America Great Again Dress To Grammys

Keep in mind, these are death threats, which are illegal. It is not illegal to end one's subscription to Netflix, but Brit seems to think that is horrible as it caused her to use the "F" word.

You are showing your "true colors" which are you are against anything a Conservative might say but a Liberal can say anything at all and that is completely fine with you. That about it??

Conservativism is the new counter culture
    I'm against unnecessary arguing, plain and simple. Is it actually helping anything? Is it productive? Is it necessary? It has absolutely nothing to do with "conservative" or " liberal" anything. And you keep saying you haven't called anyone names, but you have. Assuming people are liberal/Democratic/ conservative, etc. And doing so in a negative way, is name calling. It's not necessary. It's not productive. And it's definitely not helping anything. Youre stuck in a negative loop of needless arguing, blame, and negativity.This is going to be my last response to you. I don't need that type of energy in my life or mind.

Well written, Curly Annie.

I'm against unnecessary arguing, plain and simple. Is it actually helping anything? Is it productive? Is it necessary? It has absolutely nothing to do with "conservative" or " liberal" anything. And you keep saying you haven't called anyone names, but you have. Assuming people are liberal/Democratic/ conservative, etc. And doing so in a negative way, is name calling. It's not necessary. It's not productive. And it's definitely not helping anything. Youre stuck in a negative loop of needless arguing, blame, and negativity.This is going to be my last response to you. I don't need that type of energy in my life or mind.

So saying that people are "Liberal" or "Conservative" is somehow 'namecalling' to you, but posting about illusive, unnamed, anonymous 'people on the internet' who have their "panties in a twist" and need to "get the f*ck over it" is perfectly fine? Honestly? I can say that this is not "discussion". This is you forcing the 'discussion' to follow only your viewpoints. People with viewpoints that you agree with are not told that they are "hostile" or "childish", even when they post classless sorts of things about people somewhere "on the internet". But if a Conservative comes here and posts, you are all over them in an attempt to shut them down and have them stop posting things you don't like. That's the crux of this whole thing. You're going to get all bent out of shape because someone said you were "Liberal" even though you specifically said you agreed "1000%" with a post that was full of Liberal viewpoints. If you agree with Liberal viewpoints, what do you think that makes you??

Attempts to shut a poster down by shaming them and participating in mob-like pile ons is not a discussion. It's grade school gang behavior. Anyone who doesn't do what you say is 'beat up' and 'shut down'. And that is not "discussion"!! That's just grade school behavior. Most adults have gotten over that sort of thing by the time they reach fifth grade.

This is the "online version" of Berkeley when Milo came to speak. People there didn't like Conservative viewpoints so they actually fought and rioted in order to shut Milo down. They of course used the normal Liberal accusations of "racist" and "declared war" against Milo.

Berkeley cancels Milo Yiannopoulos talk after violent protests - CNN.com

Berkely_zps7pzxgbyg.jpg.htmlWhat you appear to not be understanding is that the original few posts on this very thread were full of accusations against people on the Right: "The Republicans acted like spoiled brats", "the anti-abortion movement isn't prolife IMO. They care about babies as long as they're in the womb" and this gem:

"And if you're prolife, you would care about foster children and stop moving them around so much and leaving them unsupervised or with people who don't get paid enough to care for them."

Your post came immediately after these things were posted and you said this:
    Multicultcurly yesss I agree 1000% with everything you just said

But *I* am the one who is "negative", huh?? If I answer these things, it's "arguing" and "negativity". You expect me to simply let those sorts of things go unchallenged, even though people with viewpoints that I agree with are being accused of all sorts of negative things, including the abuse of foster children which you said that you agreed with!!!

People on the Left only like Free Speech that they agree with. All other speech must be shut down.

Berkely_zps7pzxgbyg.jpg.html
    Negative behavior and bullying tendencies have been displayed through: Dismissing people's opinions as "liberal talking points" because you don't like them. Twisting people's words and overlooking their points and personal experiences to fit your worldview. Belittling them and arguing things that don't add to the discussion.

Although I am socially liberal, I feel like I am more center than many on this site, and yet, I have been able to have civil discussions with people who don't always agree with me. There was a Republican member named MissPam who didn't agree with many on this site for years, and yet everyone could have civil discussions with her.

We are all different and will not always agree. I think it's safe to say that most on this site do lean toward socially liberal and pro-choice. However, there are lots of things we don't always agree on politically.

Negative behavior and bullying tendencies have been displayed through: Dismissing people's opinions as "liberal talking points" because you don't like them. Twisting people's words and overlooking their points and personal experiences to fit your worldview. Belittling them and arguing things that don't add to the discussion.

Although I am socially liberal, I feel like I am more center than many on this site, and yet, I have been able to have civil discussions with people who don't always agree with me. There was a Republican member named MissPam who didn't agree with many on this site for years, and yet everyone could have civil discussions with her.

We are all different and will not always agree. I think it's safe to say that most on this site do lean toward socially liberal and pro-choice. However, there are lots of things we don't always agree on politically.

I don't have a bit of a problem with a "agree to disagree" sort of situation. However, I am not going to turn a blind eye to accusations of "spoiled brats", "the anti-abortion movement isn't prolife IMO. They care about babies as long as they're in the womb" (which isn't true at all; that is a "Liberal Talking Point" and you posted it!! What did you expect me to do with that, ignore it??) and this:

"And if you're prolife, you would care about foster children and stop moving them around so much and leaving them unsupervised or with people who don't get paid enough to care for them."

Those things are deliberate accusations of wrongdoing by people you disagree with and I don't think it's right or fair for you or any other poster to expect me to just let those things be posted without any sort of "challenge" to them. I feel like *I'm* expected to just allow you to say any sort of horrible thing about people who are Conservative without saying "boo" but if I challenge you on any of your incorrect points, I get "piled on". How is that right or fair?? You posted awful things about Conservatives and now you're whining about being challenged. Is that about right??

P.S. I am not a "Republican". I am a Conservative Leaning Independent.
    Now for some comic relief:

The Most WTF Shoes COMPILATION
    The accusation that "Pro Lifers don't care about children after they're born" is called by this author an "an ad hominem attack" and they say it's used "to answer pro-life arguments by saying that you think pro-lifers are nasty people." And I'm supposed to just be "okay" with this sort of horrible attack on me and people who agree with me or I'm the one who's "hostile" and "childish"?? Really?? And yes, it's a classic Liberal Talking Point.

As I said, even if the arguments about pro-lifers not caring about what happens after birth were true, it would be a bad argument. But the argument just isn’t true. This whole “pro-lifers don’t care about anything after birth” is a gross slander of a huge group of people, and appears to be rooted in exactly no empirical data. (And I'm expected to be "okay" with this??)

Here are seven reasons this argument is as bad as it widespread:

7 Answers to the Ridiculous “Pro-Lifers Are Just Pro-Birth” Argument

1) Even if the argument were true, it would be ridiculous

Even if the charge that pro-lifers are only focused on birth were true, it would be a ridiculous argument. Imagine that you saw a woman save a drowning child. Are you really going to object, “Well, are you going to pay for his college education?”

She’s done an amazing thing, saving the life of a stranger. Criticizing her for not doing other good things is absurd. So sure, ensuring that children can’t be legally murdered for the first nine months of their lives isn’t the only moral issue, but it’s a darn good start. And if the choices are “I’ll protect you for the first nine months of your life, but then you’re on your own” and “I think it should be legal to kill you for the first nine months of your life,” that’s an easy choice.

2) The argument is logically fallacious

Again, assume for a moment that pro-lifers really don’t care about what happens after birth. Would that make killing an unborn child defensible? Of course not. It’s a logical fallacy (an ad hominem attack, more specifically) to answer pro-life arguments by saying that you think pro-lifers are nasty people.

3) The argument is unspeakably melodramatic

Think about what this objection is really saying. Usually, it’s that pro-lifers aren’t really pro-life because they don’t support this or that social program. That amounts to saying “you won’t give me money for this program? Do you just wish I was dead?” It’s closer to a teenage emotional meltdown than an actual political stance.

After all, in most of the cases we’re talking about, life and death are just not on the line. Wanting the education of your neighbor is a good thing. But not caring about your neighbor’s education or not caring if your neighbor gets murdered aren’t even in the same ballpark. So even if it were true that pro-lifers were just apathetic to your quality of life after birth, the argument still would be melodramatic and emotionally manipulative.

4) The argument is hypocritical

To the person making the argument that if pro-lifers won’t fund x program, they must want people to die: right now, on Kickstarter, there are people trying to crowdsource money to pay for cancer treatments.

Whether or not you’ve personally contributed to any (much less all) of these people, surely we can agree that you could do more. You could find a way to give a few dollars more, even if it means working a bit more or spending less on yourself. But you haven’t. Does that mean that you want those poor people to die? I certainly hope not. More likely, it means that you recognize in your own life that there’s a difference between not paying for someone else’s medical care and not wanting that person to live.

5) The argument is more than a little condescending

Bear in mind that the argument generally consists of telling people that, unless they’re willing to support this or that social program, they aren’t truly pro-life.

But it’s not like pro-lifers are somehow exempted from poverty, disease, and old age. It’s condescending to say to these people (in effect), “I know what’s best for you, and if you disagree, it can only be because you wish you and everyone like you was dead.”

6) The argument is demonstrably false

As I said, even if the arguments about pro-lifers not caring about what happens after birth were true, it would be a bad argument. But the argument just isn’t true. This whole “pro-lifers don’t care about anything after birth” is a gross slander of a huge group of people, and appears to be rooted in exactly no empirical data.

If you look at the actual data, a very different story emerges. I know of no comprehensive data comparing the giving rates of pro-lifers v. pro-choicers, since most places don’t ask about that when you give. But we can get some strong clues by looking at Republican v. Democratic giving, and at red state v. blue state giving. (Now, I realize that not all pro-lifers are fiscal conservatives or Republicans; but that’s the underlying assumption of this argument. But even that assumption was true, the argument would be false.)

So here’s what we do know. Of the top seventeen most generous states for charitable contributions, all seventeen of them voted for Romney in the 2012 election [while true, this fact is slightly misleading, in that D.C. would have made it on that list if it were a state]. And of the seven least charitable states, all seven of them voted for Obama. (You can see the data for yourself)

And that’s just one measure. Huffington Post, hardly a bastion of moral conservatism, points out that Republicans (54%) are more likely than Democrats (45%) to donate money to charity, and far more likely to personally volunteer for a cause (33% to 24%). They’ve also assembled charts showing that people living in “red states” volunteer more than those living in “blue states.”

So it’s not just a matter of writing a check: the sort of people who are most likely to be pro-life are also the sort of people who are most likely to personally lend a hand. And anyone actually familiar with the pro-life movement already knows this. Pro-lifers are frequently the first to sacrifice personally: adopting kids, counseling women in crisis, helping struggling families out of their own pocketbooks. And if you actually were to listen to the speakers at the March for Life, you’d discover that this is exactly what the pro-life movement, as a movement, encourages.

So the argument gets it entirely backwards. It’s precisely the sanctimonious “you don’t care about people after they’re born” crowd who are least likely to help born or unborn people in any demonstrable way.

7) The real debate is about the means, not the ends

While they may not be as likely to personally help out, it’s nevertheless true that most liberals, like most conservatives, care about the elderly, the infirm, the poor, and the disabled. Are there selfish people who don’t care about others, or are content to use disadvantaged peoples as political props? Of course, and that’s true on both sides of the abortion debate and on both sides of the political divide. But for the most part, there’s genuine concern for human life on both sides. If you can’t recognize that, you’ve let partisanship totally cloud your ability to understand or empathize with people who disagree with you.

Vice President Mike Pence, in his remarks at the March for Life, said

“You know, life is winning in America. And today is a celebration of that progress that we have made in this cause. You know I’ve long believed that a society can be judged by how we care for its most vulnerable, the aged, the infirm, the disabled, and the unborn.”

That’s a beautiful articulation of both the pro-life movement and political liberalism at their best: advocacy on behalf of those too disadvantaged to advocate for themselves. (One might add “immigrants” to the list of those for whom society needs to care, but the statement is still powerful as it stands.)

So the question isn’t “should old people be allowed to live?” — unless we’re debating euthanasia, in which pro-lifers are once again the ones on the side of life. The question isn’t even really “is it my responsibility for ensuring that you have a good quality of life?” Usually, the question is “how best do we ensure that the most vulnerable among us are protected?”
    Sooooo anyway . . .

DC:

Lol Botticelli. Should we start a new thread?

THE IRONY IS LAUGHABLE.

LOL GIRL MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY....We play the"race card" when little 12 year old black boys get shot at the park by the police. We get called snowflakes and the people who bring attention to it get called race baiters...Then a COMEDY comes out about white people and shines a not so positive light on not so positive things SOME of them do and BAM!!! They throwing that same race card they HATE so much up in the mix...and after they spoke so much about not being politically correct anymore...i mean the film won all sorts of awards where was the anger then???...it was hilarious and alot of it is true..atleast they bring attention to it in a comical manner...Love to see what they would say if the main actress was a dark skinned sista with a big ass Anglea Davis fro!! I Plan on watching...we should do a REVIEW ON HERE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO WATCH AND TALK ABOUT WHAT WE THINK!!!
    I love Angela Davis. I've always thought she was beautiful and I loved her fro. I thought it was gorgeous and so was she. I love Viola Davis, too. She's my favorite actress. She's phenomenal and it doesn't surprise me that she's so successful.

Angela Davis and I share the same first name and my middle name is actually Viola, so I'm fond of that name, too. :)

I wouldn't mind seeing a thread with a review of Dear White People. I think that would be great. Again, I don't personally see any reason to get stirred up over something like this. People who don't think they'd like it don't have to watch it. We don't have Netflix right now so I probably won't see it super soon but it might be something I will want to see eventually. I'll wait to see what you all think of it. Again, I did hear some stuff about it and I heard that the movie it takes the name from was pretty funny. That's about all I know about either the movie or the upcoming series.
    P.S. Isn't judging a television series by its name the same thing as judging a book by its cover? And you know what we've all been taught about that. LOL
    I'm wondering if someone gets drunk and just starts typing???

I'm wondering if someone gets drunk and just starts typing???

Well, you didn't say who this "someone" is you are referring to, but if you're talking about me (which I assume you are as you don't seem to oppose anyone else's posts here the way you have with mine) I can assure you that I was posting a response to mrzrapp2015's posts. I will color the pertinent sections in red:

LOL GIRL MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY....We play the"race card" when little 12 year old black boys get shot at the park by the police. We get called snowflakes and the people who bring attention to it get called race baiters...Then a COMEDY comes out about white people and shines a not so positive light on not so positive things SOME of them do and BAM!!! They throwing that same race card they HATE so much up in the mix...and after they spoke so much about not being politically correct anymore...i mean the film won all sorts of awards where was the anger then???...it was hilarious and alot of it is true..atleast they bring attention to it in a comical manner...Love to see what they would say if the main actress was a dark skinned sista with a big ass Anglea Davis fro!! I Plan on watching...we should do a REVIEW ON HERE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO WATCH AND TALK ABOUT WHAT WE THINK!!!
    I love Angela Davis. I've always thought she was beautiful and I loved her fro. I thought it was gorgeous and so was she. I love Viola Davis, too. She's my favorite actress. She's phenomenal and it doesn't surprise me that she's so successful.

Angela Davis and I share the same first name and my middle name is actually Viola, so I'm fond of that name, too. :)

I wouldn't mind seeing a thread with a review of Dear White People. I think that would be great. Again, I don't personally see any reason to get stirred up over something like this. People who don't think they'd like it don't have to watch it. We don't have Netflix right now so I probably won't see it super soon but it might be something I will want to see eventually. I'll wait to see what you all think of it. Again, I did hear some stuff about it and I heard that the movie it takes the name from was pretty funny. That's about all I know about either the movie or the upcoming series.

I would think you would question the sobriety more of someone who posts a swearword filled rant about some illusive, anonymous people "somewhere on the internet" but not here on this forum more than you would mine if I was the one being accused of getting drunk and just typing up posts haphazardly. But you didn't seem to mind that swearword filled rant a bit.
    LOL I SAY WE ALL WATCH AND GIVE OUR HONEST OPINIONS!! Good or bad!! I love talking with you ladies on here...makes my day alot of the time!!

• Curlista93Curlista93 Posts: 410Registered Users Curl Novice

THE IRONY IS LAUGHABLE.

I think this trend needs to be addressed. It's always been annoying to me when one side accuses the other of being "special snowflakes" and then turns around and does the exact same thing.
    4a/3c, Low Porosity, Fine Texture
    Last Relaxer: 2/11/2013
    Latest BC: 11/24/2018
    Another on point segment from Trevor Noah. Could literally watch this guy talk about Trump all day lol:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujU9qLIDRf8

DC:

I think this trend needs to be addressed. It's always been annoying to me when one side accuses the other of being "special snowflakes" and then turns around and does the exact same thing.

Could not agree more. People using this phrase are the same sort of people who like to use the word 'triggered' satirically every five seconds.

DC:

Again, I'd love to see a review thread here for the show. Just remember, however, that all we got was accusations about illusive, unnamed people "somewhere on the internet" that didn't like the idea of the show. Do we know who they are? No. Do we know which "side" they're on? No; it's assumed that we do but we don't even know who these people are or what they may have said about the show. We don't know if they're the same people calling other people "snowflakes" or not. We also don't know if they are the same people using the word "triggered". All we got was unsubstantiated rumors from "somewhere on the Internet" but not here. We know absolutely nothing because all we got was a "report" about some illusive, unnamed, anonymous people "somewhere on the internet" that didn't like the show. I am on the "other side" of most of the posters on this forum but *I* think it would be great to see reviews of the show and I believe that it's silly to judge a show by its title. I also believe it's silly to get "ruffled" because of a TV series. There are plenty of other things to watch even if you may think a particular show is "racist" which is likely the issue if there actually are people who do not like the idea of the show.

I also don't see why it's necessary to bring up illusive, unnamed people "somewhere on the internet" to get hot and bothered about if those people aren't posting here. There are plenty of negative things to get stirred up about from the dark underbelly of the internet, but does that mean we should bring that all up here? Why would we when people here would like to see the show and see what other people think about the show?? People right here on this thread were complaining about "negativity"; why would any of them be okay with dredged up negativity from "somewhere on the internet" that didn't take place here?? Does this make sense to anybody?? You don't like my posts because you allegedly don't like "negativity" but you're okay with this sort of thing?? Really??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file