arggg, what else can i use in this hair?2c?

hi all, hopefully you can tell in my avatar, but my hair is dry, poofy and lacking curl definition, There are some good spirals underneath and it doesn't feel too dry but i need help. I want what everyone wants: shiny, bouncy, well defined curls. Is it possible? I switch up with silicone free conditioners and only shampoo 1-2 times a week. usual stylers are Shea moisture curl and shine milk and Ouidad heat and humidity gel. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks!
2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    have you tried a deep conditioner with heat?

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Are you using a sulfate shampoo to wash your hair after using the Ouidad gel? I think that gel contains silicones. Regardless, I would start with clarifying, and I would use a sulfate shampoo or a shampoo with c14-16 olefin sulfonate (Kinky Curly Come Clean has this, if you have that shampoo).
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • CurlyMariaCurlyMaria Posts: 11Registered Users
    The biggest 'aha!' Moments for me happened when I started applying my products to soaking wet hair.

The 'squish to condish' method probably made the starkest difference, I don't know if you've seen it mentioned before, but basically with my head upside down I apply my conditioner or deep conditioner and then very slowly rinse it out while continuously catching as much of the rinse water and scrunching it back up into my hair.

Then while my hair is still absolutely soaking I add on oil and my gel, scrunch with a tshirt gently, then a bit more gel. Once is dry I then get rid of any crunchy feeling by scrunching with a bit of oil. My hair is unbelievably prone to just proofing and losing all sense of definition, the wet hair revelation though honestly completely changed how my hair behaves.
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi, are you using a leave-in? Also, I love the gel that you use, too, but I find that if I don't add a hard hold gel on top of it, that my hair poofs out a lot, just like yours looks in your avatar. So yeah, that would be my advice: use a leave-in or just a tiny bit of your normal Conditioner, then the Ouidad heat & humidity, followed by a hard hold gel (I LOVE LA Looks Sport, plus it's only about $2). I second the recommendation above, about applying products to very wet hair, it makes an amazing difference. HTH, and good luck!

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file