Layering Product -- What Order?

SuziQSuziQ Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
For those of you who use more than one product at at time (who doesn't, right?): In what order do you apply your products and why?

I'm currently experimenting with the Original Moxie line. Lately, I seem to get the best results from applying Shape Shifter first, them Mane Tame, then Sweet Poof spray, then Just Gel. (But I'm still fighting the frizz, so something isn't right yet.) Not sure why.

Comments

• curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I apply leave-in to wet heir, still in the shower, then get out, and apply Spiralicious, followed by LA Looks Sport. Then I part it, separate the top so it doesn't turn into helmet-head, and I scrunch with a small bit of water (leaving the faucet on really low). Once I scrunch one time all around, I turn off the faucet, then scrunch out all the water with a t-shirt. I have a certain way that I do everything, and it turns out pretty darn great usually. Oh, after the t-shirt scrunch, I hang that up to dry, and scrunch really HARD, through all my hair, in case the shirt removed product from the outer hair, so I try to distribute everything. If I diffuse, I wait till it's at least half way dry. HTH

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • CurlyMariaCurlyMaria Posts: 11Registered Users
    So I also put in my products in soaking wet hair, I start with leave-in conditioner (currently using ThisWorks which tbh I think doesn't.....), then oil (organix extra penetrating Argan oil), then gel (DevaCurl ultra defining gel).

I also then scrunch with a tshirt to get rid of most of the moisture, then I add a touch more gel to make sure I've definitely covered everything. If I'm air drying then I'll plop for 20 mins, otherwise diffuse to 80% dry. After it's bone dry I scrunch out the crunch with a bit more oil.

So leave-in, oil, gel, gel again, oil :)
  • SuziQSuziQ Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I tried something a little different this time. I washed my hair last night (Jessicurls Gentle Lather) then applied Original Moxie Oasis Moisture Gel to very wet hair, followed by OM Everyday Leave-In. Then air dried for a little while and went to bed.

This morning, I wet my hair (a lot!) and applied OM Shapeshifter, then OM Hold Up Serum, then OM Sweet Poof spray, and finished with Jessicurls Spiralicious Gel. I applied everything using the "praying hands" technique (to avoid breaking up the clumps as much as possible), then scrunched at the end, after the gel was well distributed.

Then I plunked into a long-sleeved t-shirt while I finished getting dressed and ready. After I was dressed, I removed the shirt and diffused on no heat until mostly dry. I prefer to air dry, but I had to be somewhere this morning. After my hair was all dry, I scrunched out any remaining crunch. Now, 15 hours later, my curls have lasted pretty well today.

Basically, I'm looking for the combo that will give very strong hold and no frizz, without weighing my curls down.) Maybe I'm onto something!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file