Leave in type product with hold

Hi, I've been using Mixed Chicks leave in as a styler and do like it. Just looking to try others that are a cream based leave in that has hold. My hair tends to do better with these types of products as opposed to a gel. I don't like a lot of volume and am ok if my hair gets weighed down as I have a lot of it! Thank you. 3b curls I think!!

Comments

• JD.GameAccouJD.GameAccou Posts: 46Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A few off the top of my head:

Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie
    Curl junkie coffee-coco curl creme
    Alikay Naturals Dulce Hydrating Curl Lotion

These have light to medium hold.
    - Rose

2B/C wavy, fine, high porosity hair

Mod-CG
    Poo: Renpure Bamboo Coconut Water Shampoo
    Condish - SoCozy Boing Sweet Crème Curl Conditioner
    Leave in- KCKT, JM Organics Citrus/Neroli Detangler
    Curl Cream: CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Creme-Lite
    Gel: *searching*
    PT: CJ Repair Me, Gelatin
    Pre-Poo/Overnight: Aloe, Jojoba & Tea Tree Oil Mix
    Clarifying: Redken Cleansing Cream Shampoo

*Allergic to Devacurl and Herbal Essences
  • curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
    Thank you! I know Shea Moisture is sold all over, but the other two are online only right?
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    In addition to the SM CES, SM has a few "gel creams," which might be what you are looking for.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
    Therese1 wrote: »
    In addition to the SM CES, SM has a few "gel creams," which might be what you are looking for.

Thanks - I see they have some gel soufflé, is that the one?
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curlsofny wrote: »
    Thank you! I know Shea Moisture is sold all over, but the other two are online only right?

curl junkie does have retail locations. go to the website and click on retail locations and you will find them. i'm guessing you are in ny, there are several in ny.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
    rbb wrote: »

curl junkie does have retail locations. go to the website and click on retail locations and you will find them. i'm guessing you are in ny, there are several in ny.

Thanks - yes, I'm in NY :)
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Therese1 wrote: »

Thanks - I see they have some gel soufflé, is that the one?

No, the gel creams are something different. Here is an example: Peace Rose Oil Complex Nourish & Silken Styling Gel-cream

I tried the one from the Yucca and Plantain line. The gel creams are very watery creams that provide a little hold but are overall moisturizing. The texture is that of a cream and not a gel (I think they use "gel" in the name because there is more hold than with a regular cream). I've never tried the souffle and so can't comment on that one.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You should consider Camille Rose Whipped Aloe-Butter Gel at most Targets. That stuff is lovely.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • MsSofteeMsSoftee Posts: 27Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been using AG re coil and while it gives really curly curls (I'm 3B-3C) it does prevent frizz. I prefer to have a little frizz because I want the volume, so it sounds like it could be worth a try for you. It's at Amazon for $15-16 but I don't know if stores have it.
    Thanks for all the suggestions will look into them all!
  • 1001waves1001waves Posts: 73Registered Users Curl Novice
    MsSoftee wrote: »
    I've been using AG re coil and while it gives really curly curls (I'm 3B-3C) it does prevent frizz. I prefer to have a little frizz because I want the volume, so it sounds like it could be worth a try for you. It's at Amazon for $15-16 but I don't know if stores have it.

AG Recoil is available in Ulta stores. That's where I get mine. You can even use Ulta coupons for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cherub 2c/3a Fii,porous
    Wash:KC Come Clean
    Condition/Leave-in:Devacurl Delight
    Styling:
    AG:Recoil
    Love:protein Hate:Garnier
    Experiment:henna glossing
    Mod CG since 7/22/09

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji