Hairstyles/Hairdos for Bikram Yoga?

Hi, I just started doing Bikram Yoga. I have 3b and 4a hair that reaches my lower back. I have Bikram Yoga everyday at 6am, and there are days during the week where I'll have to go straight on to class right after Bikram Yoga. I was wondering if anybody knew of some hairdos that would last through and look good after Bikram Yoga? Maybe a way to make my hair last the week? Before Bikram Yoga I'd gotten up to third day hair, but I figure I'm probably going to have to switch to an everyday conditioner and clarifier combo :/

Thanks for the help in advance!
Caribbean
3a hair long to the middle of my back when dry, layered in front, highlights
HG: Routine: 1. Go to the beach & swim underwater, hair loose. Air dry. (looks beautiful!) 2. Rinse in the shower with only water, air dry. (frizz-free defined curls) 3. For second day hair, sleep with loose hair pulled up over pillow. (Wake up w/ lots of volume! n defined curls) 4. Repeat step 2&3 for third and fourth day hair
No-poo
Looking for conditioner

Searching for an easy 1-2 product routine!

Comments

• beachcurlybeachcurly Posts: 4Registered Users
    Update: I've been going to Bikram Yoga and absolutely love it! I've simply been wearing my hair in a tall ponytail with a scrunchy, though I'm not convinced it's the best way because the ponytail always ends up crooked to one side thanks to the yoga positions. Plus my hair is so long it's heavy which isn't too good the first few times if you're not used to the heat. The heat just naturally gives you a headache at the beginning and a heavy ponytail doesn't help. I've been able to take off my ponytail and keep going to classes, though my curls just don't look as pretty. But it's possible to make it to a third day, but that's really pushing it.

In terms of a cleanser, which is essential because of all the sweat, I used a mixture of 1/3 Apple Cider Vinegar, 2/3 Water, and a few drops of Argan Oil. My head feels so clean and my hair seemed to like it. The only problem was the smell. Not very nice, I had to put conditioner on again to get rid of it.

I'm still open to any ideas, and suggestions would be really appreciated! I'm kinda wracking my brain here trying to figure out what works as I go along....
    Caribbean
    HG: Routine: 1. Go to the beach & swim underwater, hair loose. Air dry. (looks beautiful!) 2. Rinse in the shower with only water, air dry. (frizz-free defined curls) 3. For second day hair, sleep with loose hair pulled up over pillow. (Wake up w/ lots of volume! n defined curls) 4. Repeat step 2&3 for third and fourth day hair
    No-poo
    Looking for conditioner

• beachcurlybeachcurly Posts: 4Registered Users
    Update: I've been going to Bikram Yoga and absolutely love it! I've simply been wearing my hair in a tall ponytail with a scrunchy, though I'm not convinced it's the best way because the ponytail always ends up crooked to one side thanks to the yoga positions. Plus my hair is so long it's heavy which isn't too good the first few times if you're not used to the heat. The heat just naturally gives you a headache at the beginning and a heavy ponytail doesn't help. I've been able to take off my ponytail and keep going to classes, though my curls just don't look as pretty. But it's possible to make it to a third day, but that's really pushing it.

In terms of a cleanser, which is essential because of all the sweat, I used a mixture of 1/3 Apple Cider Vinegar, 2/3 Water, and a few drops of Argan Oil. My head feels so clean and my hair seemed to like it. The only problem was the smell. Not very nice, I had to put conditioner on again to get rid of it.

I'm still open to any ideas, and suggestions would be really appreciated! I'm kinda wracking my brain here trying to figure out what works as I go along....
    Caribbean
    No-poo
    Looking for conditioner

• LadyLitheLadyLithe Posts: 5Registered Users
    Hi! May I suggest hairstyles using just a few braids, such as this?:

veg20ro.jpg

If you do something like this, you can leave them in or take them out to have loose waves and curls after yoga class. You could use a cheap aloe vera juice and/or apple cider vingar combo in a spray bottle to keep frizz at bay as well without using something weighty like an oil. Two braids distributes a smaller portion of weight evenly on both sides of the head as well. If you're not that adept at braiding, this is also a good style because it is only 2. Only 2 braids also means quick take-down.

I've never done hot yoga, but I primarily do yin yoga. I know that they are completely different environments, but this is a pretty style that I've never seen frizz up, even in humid weather.

Just a possible suggestion, and I'm happy you've been enjoying your classes!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file