Hi does anyone use amino acids as a protein treatment

lisar12lisar12 Registered Users Posts: 45 Curl Neophyte
I was reading up on it and I know people have been using Braggs but I have read that it has MSG, looked at silk amino acid but they all have preservatives and the powder form not sure how to use. Any tips or information would be appreciated.

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    If you're looking for chemical free protein treatments try IA girl's PT:
    Science-y Hair Blog: Recipes and Projects

Basically just gelatin and water.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    If you're looking for chemical free protein treatments try IA girl's PT:
    Science-y Hair Blog: Recipes and Projects

Basically just gelatin and water.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • lisar12lisar12 Registered Users Posts: 45 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried Gelatin before and I got a ton of breakage. I am going to try the liquid silk amino acid from lotion crafters and see how it goes. I haven't had much luck with protein treatments but I am going to see if the problem was the other proteins I tried were too large and amino acids are the answer.
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    Colorful Neutral Protein Filler works well.  I dilute some in a spray bottle and spritz it when/where I need it.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • CurledvinesCurledvines Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 60 Curl Connoisseur
    I use lotioncrafters' silk amino acids, their keratin, hydrolyzed wheat/rice proteins. My hair loves them. I use them as masks, diluted in water, thickened with xantham gum and ph-adjusted with white vinegar.
    2C/3A long hair with some 3C thrown in
    High Porosity, dense, coarse hair
    I make my own protein masks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file