Bentonite clay!!!!!

PumpkinbreathPumpkinbreath Posts: 21Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Okay guys.. so I finally tried that bentonite clay detox mask and ... just ..man i should have taken pictures.

First of all I'm constantly searching for the hardest holding gel because if i dont gel up my hair while its soaking wet the curls will frizz and go bye-bye. Even if i still have conditoner in it. (And they rarely last to 2nd day..)

My curls are never defined.. ever! Do you hear me? Never! Not while dry anyways! I know you guys are like "okay pumpkin breath stop yelling at me and get to the point"

This mask detangled my hair and defined every single strand guys. After I rinsed it out.. super defined still! My hair didn't even NEED leavin or any type of styler.. i still put those things in because its just not in my nature anymore to rinse out conditioner and thats the end of that. Nope.. need some kind of styler.. except.. i really think I didn't... i was too scared not to use one this time but honestly i think once i try this again (in maybe a week or two from now) im just gonna plop my hair and thats it.. (well i might leave in a bit of conditioner) but how crazy is that? Ive never even imagined being able to possibly go conditioner only!

Has anyone else had good experiences? I wanna know if anyone else has done this mask and then asked "who's hair is this?"
Even if it's bad i'd like to hear everyone's experience with this clay!

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've heard clay can be drying, and never really given it a fair shot. Thanks so much for posting your experiences. I think I'll definitely try this in the future, maybe to switch it up from my regular shampoo once in awhile or to clarify.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • PumpkinbreathPumpkinbreath Posts: 21Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Definitely try it! I added oils to mine so it wouldnt be too drying (argan and lavender oil) and I know that some people add aloe vera to it. Either way you can always follow up with a conditioner...Idk if i had major build up or if the clay just does wonders for lo-po hair but my hair actually felt like it was absorbing my conditioner instead of just being coated by it :) I'll probably be replacing my shampoo with clay... I find even sulfate free shampoos to still be a little too drying at times.. and cleansing conditioners...I dunno I just feel like they don't do enough haha.
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been slowly replacing my conditioners with catnip tea. It does feel liberating to make your own natural products and not be dependent on any company for your hair care, doesn't it? Plus, if I ever travel, it's easier to bring clay on board a plane than liquids (shampoo, conditioner etc).

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • CurlyMariaCurlyMaria Posts: 11Registered Users
    Where did you get the clay from? I've seen it for acne before in many formulations but not for hair. I'm intrigued!
  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 312Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use clay as a regular part of my regimen. I make it thin so it is more of a rinse. CurlyMaria, I use Aztec Secret. It is widely available online and in stores. Iherb and amazon have the big sizes.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
    I personally got mine from the vitamin shoppe.. i use the aztec secret one. It can be used on your skin AND hair �� Another thing I love about it. Its also pretty inexpensive:)
    I personally got mine from the vitamin shoppe.. i use the aztec secret one. It can be used on your skin AND hair 😄 Another thing I love about it. Its also pretty inexpensive:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file