Caucasian 3b/3a growing out hair for the first time

Liam.WolstenLiam.Wolsten Posts: 1Registered Users
Hey all,

Growing out my hair for the first time and trying to keep it from looking like a bird's nest. I'm predominantly 3b everywhere except the crown....that's 3a. It's super thick hair and dry all over.

I have read a boatload of articles that have me going at least in the right direction with shampooing less and what not. However I'm looking for guys in a similar spot or who were in this spot and what their daily/weekly/monthly regimine is.

Thanks! :occasion9:

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hey all,

Growing out my hair for the first time and trying to keep it from looking like a bird's nest. I'm predominantly 3b everywhere except the crown....that's 3a. It's super thick hair and dry all over.

I have read a boatload of articles that have me going at least in the right direction with shampooing less and what not. However I'm looking for guys in a similar spot or who were in this spot and what their daily/weekly/monthly regimine is.

Thanks! :occasion9:

Welcome!! I am a guy and also growing my hair out longer. this current go-round is after a bully held me down and forcibly sheared a lot off with clippers.

My curl pattern is more in the slightly looser 2C's range. But, I can offer you some thoughts/suggestions.
    #1- Absolutely always avoid below ingredients
    cyclomethicone, cyclopentsiloxane, dimethicone, or others with one and xane suffix at end.
    mineral oil , petrolatum, and lanolin.
    all of these do not rinse off the indivual strands /cause crunchy buildup as well as block moisture and protein balance in hair.

No ball-tipped brushes, which snag and tear. Instead , find a gentle wide-tooth comb you like.

For me, Washing frequency is usually oriented to how much have been outside for my job.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file