Wedding Hairstyle - 2c/3a

curlynccurlync Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hey everyone, I'm getting married in September and while it's still several months away, I'm already wondering what on earth I should do with my hair!

If I knew I could have perfect, gorgeous curls, I'd just leave it all down and go with that. But as we all know, curls and waves are fussy and what works one day doesn't work the next. One day I can have nice bouncy curls, the same routine the next day can give me flat, limp waves. I don't want to just "keep my fingers crossed" that my wedding day will be a good hair day.

Do you ladies have any recommendations for hairstyles? Below is a picture of what I'm generally working with on a pretty good hair day.
2c/3a
Porosity: low at roots; normal mid-shaft; high at ends
Texture: mix of medium & coarse
Density: medium


Low-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather; CJ Gentle Cleansing
RO: GVP Conditioning Balm; Innersense Color Radiance
Stylers: MT Curly Custard; CHS Curl Keeper; UFD Curly Magic; Innersense I Create Volume

Occasional use: CJ Repair Me; Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo

CG (or mod CG since I low-poo?) since June 2015

Comments

  • ShelleyCookShelleyCook Posts: 54Registered Users
    First, congratulations!

    What about googling curly half updos? You can practice working on some that you like to make sure you're able to do it when the big day comes. If you feel comfortable with your stylist, he/she could work w/you to style that day. I personally wouldn't worry about your hair not being perfect. Sometimes that's the beauty of curls.

    On a different topic, I'm curious what products you use & your routine. When I was having consistently good hair days, my hair seemed similar to yours, & I'm needing something to get back to that.

    curlync wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm getting married in September and while it's still several months away, I'm already wondering what on earth I should do with my hair!

    If I knew I could have perfect, gorgeous curls, I'd just leave it all down and go with that. But as we all know, curls and waves are fussy and what works one day doesn't work the next. One day I can have nice bouncy curls, the same routine the next day can give me flat, limp waves. I don't want to just "keep my fingers crossed" that my wedding day will be a good hair day.

    Do you ladies have any recommendations for hairstyles? Below is a picture of what I'm generally working with on a pretty good hair day.



    Sent from my SM-N910C using CurlTalk App
    CG since 2009. Fine 2C

    Shampoo - Shikai Tea Tree Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner - Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor
    Leave In Conditioner - Giovanni Direct Leave In
    Styler - Queen Helene Royal Curl Curl Shaping Creme (gel) - looking for replacement b/c discontinued
    Scrunch out the Crunch - coconut oil
  • curlynccurlync Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the congratulations!

    I'm going to do what you suggested and start googling styles - figured I'd ask advice here too, though. I'm getting my hair cut next month so will ask my regular stylist for any suggestions, although we'll be getting married in my hometown out of state so he won't be the stylist for the wedding. Lucky me though, my brother is a hair stylist! I'm going to ask him to do my hair for the wedding, and see what kind of ideas he has as well. My brother and I don't live anywhere near each other so I probably won't be seeing him until July, but will let him play around with my hair then to see what he can do.

    As to my current routine, I've been going very simple with the products. All I'm using right now is Curl Keeper Original. I squeeze the excess water out of my hair and apply about 3 quarter sized dollops upside down, rake it through, then scrunch with a flour sack and pixie-diffuse (right side up for a bit, then upside down). I've been very happy with the results on day 1, and when I first started with this routine day 2 and sometimes even 3 was good as well. Lately the day 2 hair hasn't looked good though. I'm wondering if it's just too dry outside right now to retain enough moisture. Leave-ins really weigh my hair down though, even if I just use a pea-sized amount.
    2c/3a
    Porosity: low at roots; normal mid-shaft; high at ends
    Texture: mix of medium & coarse
    Density: medium


    Low-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather; CJ Gentle Cleansing
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm; Innersense Color Radiance
    Stylers: MT Curly Custard; CHS Curl Keeper; UFD Curly Magic; Innersense I Create Volume

    Occasional use: CJ Repair Me; Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo

    CG (or mod CG since I low-poo?) since June 2015
  • ShelleyCookShelleyCook Posts: 54Registered Users
    How convenient that your brother is a hairstylist! I've been wondering if Curl Keeper Original might be just the thing I need.
    curlync wrote: »
    Thanks for the congratulations!

    I'm going to do what you suggested and start googling styles - figured I'd ask advice here too, though. I'm getting my hair cut next month so will ask my regular stylist for any suggestions, although we'll be getting married in my hometown out of state so he won't be the stylist for the wedding. Lucky me though, my brother is a hair stylist! I'm going to ask him to do my hair for the wedding, and see what kind of ideas he has as well. My brother and I don't live anywhere near each other so I probably won't be seeing him until July, but will let him play around with my hair then to see what he can do.

    As to my current routine, I've been going very simple with the products. All I'm using right now is Curl Keeper Original. I squeeze the excess water out of my hair and apply about 3 quarter sized dollops upside down, rake it through, then scrunch with a flour sack and pixie-diffuse (right side up for a bit, then upside down). I've been very happy with the results on day 1, and when I first started with this routine day 2 and sometimes even 3 was good as well. Lately the day 2 hair hasn't looked good though. I'm wondering if it's just too dry outside right now to retain enough moisture. Leave-ins really weigh my hair down though, even if I just use a pea-sized amount.



    Sent from my SM-N910C using CurlTalk App
    CG since 2009. Fine 2C

    Shampoo - Shikai Tea Tree Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner - Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor
    Leave In Conditioner - Giovanni Direct Leave In
    Styler - Queen Helene Royal Curl Curl Shaping Creme (gel) - looking for replacement b/c discontinued
    Scrunch out the Crunch - coconut oil
  • SlinkyheadSlinkyhead Posts: 100Registered Users
    Congratulations!!! If you're concerned about curls being even or predictable, maybe give a flexirod or perm rod set a try. Whenever I need the very top of my hair and bangs to look like all the rest, I put a couple of perm rods in when my hair is damp and it comes out great. Flexirods are cool too, its a different chunkier kind of curl, but still beautiful. They come in a ton of sizes. So many updos look great with curls and waves - too many choices! :-)

    Type: 3a | NP | med-fine but high den | bob
    NP: Deva NP, DC low poo, ACV rinses
    RO: Deva 1 Cond orig or decadence
    DC: DC HIC, SM JBCO mask
    LI: 1 Cond, B'leavin
    Styler: Deva SPC or reg SC
    Gels: DC LDG, Bouncecurl
    Refresh: water w Lavender oil.
    Scalp: Lav/jojoba/rosem/pep oils.
    Airdry, wait 30 mins before diffusing.
    Loves a little protein in stylers! Hates heavy stuff.
  • curlynccurlync Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Slinkyhead wrote: »
    Congratulations!!! If you're concerned about curls being even or predictable, maybe give a flexirod or perm rod set a try. Whenever I need the very top of my hair and bangs to look like all the rest, I put a couple of perm rods in when my hair is damp and it comes out great. Flexirods are cool too, its a different chunkier kind of curl, but still beautiful. They come in a ton of sizes. So many updos look great with curls and waves - too many choices! :-)
    Thanks! I'll look into this as I've never used flexirods or perm rods before.
    2c/3a
    Porosity: low at roots; normal mid-shaft; high at ends
    Texture: mix of medium & coarse
    Density: medium


    Low-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather; CJ Gentle Cleansing
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm; Innersense Color Radiance
    Stylers: MT Curly Custard; CHS Curl Keeper; UFD Curly Magic; Innersense I Create Volume

    Occasional use: CJ Repair Me; Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo

    CG (or mod CG since I low-poo?) since June 2015

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file