Waxing, shaving, or laser? What's your favorite hair removal method?

hairl3sshairl3ss Registered Users Posts: 7
Hi girls,

I hate shaving my legs (and other areas). It's really tiresome to do it so often and I keep getting ingrown hairs, so I've been looking into alternatives.

Laser hair removal sounds sooo enticing but its also very expensive. Has anyone tried one of the home kits? Sounds dangerous to me and I think I'd rather a pro do it for me.

Waxing is great and really effective but its also expensive and painful! I tried all these stupid tricks but it didn't really help.

I stumbled across this interesting article that basically says epilators are way better than waxing so I'm thinking of giving that a try.

What does everyone here use?

Comments

• JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    I wax and epilate in between. I only shave bikini area (not bikini line..thats also waxing).

My hair is too thick and grows too fast for shaving.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    I own a laser but I never make time to use it.

Note to self: use laser this wknd.

• JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    For wax/epilating pain, I got used to it. You can also wax yourself. its hard to get the hamstrings though, thats when the epilator is good. A tub of wax and i always have to buy extra wax strips(you can get a huge pack that lasts forever from sallys) is 16-20. I want to get a wax warmer though. My favorite wax is nudesse but i need to find someone with a beauty license i think to get it.
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    I shave my legs, epilate armpits and do a mix of both on bikini area (though this is rarely done!). I used to get my legs waxed but found the hair grew back so quickly it was just pointless and a waste of money, so then moved on to an epilator. I got so many ingrowns it wasn't funny, nothing I tried to do to help made a difference so I gave that up and went back to shaving (which I'd stopped due to getting rashes). It suits me fine, though there's a new place opened at my local shopping centre that has reasonable prices for laser removal so I'm thinking about giving it a try at some point.
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Registered Users Posts: 334 Curl Neophyte
    This seems like advertising. Notice their name is "hairless"

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    I epilate and have forever, I have barely any hair left. I was in Cuba the beginning of the month and did my arms and legs before I left, haven't touched them since and took me about 20 minutes to do from the knees down and my arms last night while I was watching tv lol
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • Ethel_CookEthel_Cook Registered Users Posts: 49
    Definitely laser. But only if you're sure that you don't want hair there forever.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file