Curly roots and straight ends. No heat or chemical damage!

Hey everyone, I need some input. For the past year or so I felt like my pattern was changing, but I attributed my curls loosening up to the winter season or maybe hormonal changes/regular pattern changes, but when I last styled my hair I did it a bit differently and really encouraged root curl. When it dried I had tight curls at my roots but my ends are very loose. My curls are also sort of twisting at the roots, forming thin curls diameter wise but not tight.. Kind of like when you twist a flat ribbon into a tube. I hope you can understand what I'm saying, it's sort of hard to explain. But the loose ends immediately sounds like heat damage, but I don't use any heat! If my pattern was changing, wouldn't the changes be at the root and not the ends? the ends are already formed, what can possibly cause that to change? I also have like one or two clumps on my canopy that will not curl at all. I wouldn't even consider them S waves. Overall I am really unhappy with the way my hair is acting. The roots and midshaft looks like thin ropes that end in wavy pieces. The very bottom layer of my hair in the back is as curly as ever. I've been resorting to braid outs most of the time.
Right now I'm thinking of doing a protein treatment, but I'm not optimistic. Pretty much all my products have some protein in them. I don't really know what mushy or overly moisturized feels like though.

Has anyone had an experience like this?
What do you think could be causing this?
Any ideas to fix it?
:wav:
3a, fine/med strand thickness, high density, low porosity
CG since April 2012
BC October 2012
Cleanser: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey or CJ Daily Fix
RO Conditioner: Mop Top Daily Conditioner
Leave In: KCKT
Stylers: Either Raw Curls Spray Gel, Raw Curls Medium Hold Gel, or MopTop Curly Custard, and always topped with Curlisto Control II Gel
Sealer: Pure Argan Oil

Comments

• JessiiLeighhJessiiLeighh Posts: 195Registered Users
    I added pictures so you can sort of see what I'm talking about. I recently cut my hair, but I've had short hair before and this never happened.
    :wav:
    3a, fine/med strand thickness, high density, low porosity
    CG since April 2012
    BC October 2012
    Cleanser: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey or CJ Daily Fix
    RO Conditioner: Mop Top Daily Conditioner
    Leave In: KCKT
    Stylers: Either Raw Curls Spray Gel, Raw Curls Medium Hold Gel, or MopTop Curly Custard, and always topped with Curlisto Control II Gel
    Sealer: Pure Argan Oil
  • gretfedgretfed Posts: 0Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    OMG, I have been CG for a year, and suddenly my hair is losing its groove--doing exactly what you describe in your post! Did you find a solution? I'm considering doing an Aphoee two-step protein treatment. Did deep protein help you? I have 2b/3a, fine/med strand thickness, low density, low porosity hair, much like yours.
  • gretfedgretfed Posts: 0Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    OMG, I have been CG for a year, and suddenly my hair is losing its groove--doing exactly what you describe in your post! Did you find a solution? I'm considering doing an Aphoee two-step protein treatment. Did deep protein help you? I have 2b/3a, fine/med strand thickness, low density, low porosity hair, much like yours.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file