Product line with protein that's light

machermacher Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Want to 'strip' my hair and start from scratch. Been using Deva Delight the low poo, one condition and B'LeaveIn. From my understanding Deva doesn't have a lot of protein or if any protein. My hair needs protein but not much. I'm not into doing a protein treatment. My hair seems to need strength.

Looking for product line that is on the light side with protein. Prefer glycerin free. Prefer to buy at a big box store like Ulta.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    My hair just craves protein in the winter. I do a gelatin treatment weekly (or so), and Aubrey Organics GPB daily as a leave in, and sometimes as a rinse out. It still needs more though.

The AO is discontinued now (and probably too much protein for you if you want "light".) I bought some BreoGio (BrioGeo?) Don't Despair, Repair! that seems a lot lighter than the AO. It is a "treatment", but you could just use it like a regular RO conditioner. They also have a gel to oil treatment for an overnight treatment. I have some, but I haven't tried it yet.

Sally's has the Colorful Neutral Protein. I haven't tried that one yet, but I think you add a bit to your regular conditioner.

BTW, B'Leave In does have hydrolyzed wheat protein. I think their gels do too.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • machermacher Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    janiegirl wrote: »
    My hair just craves protein in the winter. I do a gelatin treatment weekly (or so), and Aubrey Organics GPB daily as a leave in, and sometimes as a rinse out. It still needs more though.

The AO is discontinued now (and probably too much protein for you if you want "light".) I bought some BreoGio (BrioGeo?) Don't Despair, Repair! that seems a lot lighter than the AO. It is a "treatment", but you could just use it like a regular RO conditioner. They also have a gel to oil treatment for an overnight treatment. I have some, but I haven't tried it yet.

Sally's has the Colorful Neutral Protein. I haven't tried that one yet, but I think you add a bit to your regular conditioner.

BTW, B'Leave In does have hydrolyzed wheat protein. I think their gels do too.

I used to use AO with no issues. My hair doesn't mind protein. But instead of an extra step wanted to use a pop, condish and styler that has protein. What I mean by light is often a condish can weigh my hair down.
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I found this website this weekend. Well, I knew about it, but ran into it again. I'm always on the lookout for products with proteins, and this lists a bunch of products and what kind of proteins each has. Science-y Hair Blog: Product List By Category
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file