Check out this fried fluff!

BoneSlayer9000BoneSlayer9000 Registered Users Posts: 5
OH MAN I fried it so badly over the years. I've chemically straightened it, bleached it multiple times myself, put toner on it, and straightened it with heat almost every day. I've done this for so long that I'm not even sure what my curl pattern is...I think it might be 3A or 3B. Check this out!

It's starting to grow back on the top...you can see the natural color a little bit and of course it's coming back more curly than the rest.

I just ordered some blueberry bliss, satin pillowcases and no-poo shampoo/conditioner so I guess I'm going to properly start on this transition phase today (even though I have a small amount of regrowth already). After this gets a few months more growth I'm going to hack off all of the damaged hair.

BOOM
fluff.jpg
fluff2.jpg

You can see that it's starting to grow out more curly here...

fluff3.jpg

Please let me know if you have any tips, tricks, and if you think my curl pattern is 3a or 3b.

I look forward to starting this journey with everyone. Talk to you soon!

Comments

• ShelleyCookShelleyCook Registered Users Posts: 54
    I think your hair is going to be super curly and I can't wait to see the transformation. It looks to me like your hair will benefit from lots of moisture - heavy conditioners & treatments. Keep us updated.

Sent from my SM-N910C using CurlTalk App
    CG since 2009. Fine 2C

Shampoo - Shikai Tea Tree Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner - Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor
    Leave In Conditioner - Giovanni Direct Leave In
    Styler - Queen Helene Royal Curl Curl Shaping Creme (gel) - looking for replacement b/c discontinued
    Scrunch out the Crunch - coconut oil
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Registered Users Posts: 494 Curl Novice
    Fried fluff. Lol! I think your curls are going to be really great once you get them in shape. Looks like you need moisture. Will probably be a 3b, but most people will tell you that hair porosity is more important than curl type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Registered Users Posts: 338 Curl Connoisseur
    Fried fluff, I know it well, lol.

This is my hair in May of 2016 on the left, January of 2017 (Tuesday of this week) on the right.

7feH38z.jpg

Have you tried Olaplex or Ion's dupe, Absolute Perfection? Ion's is very affordable, and it worked well for me. Also, olive oil pre shampoo treatments, deep conditioning, protein treatments and just generally moisturizing and treating your hair like it will explode if you're the slightest bit too rough with it.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file