Hello Curly World!!

satyadrolmasatyadrolma Registered Users Posts: 5
Just wanted to shout out to all the natural curlies in this universe!
Hiya!!!
I am excited to join everyone on their personal journeys towards caring for and exploring their hair, in all of its marvelous unique expressions!
Thank you so much for providing this opportunity. I have been reading these forums for years, but only this week, decided to post and commit developing best practices to my evolving hair journey.
Happy New Year everyone! :compress:
Suze
Trying to succeed with growing healthy hair, with safer products. Highly porous fine, fragile hair, partially resolved w/henna. Not CG, just whatever works!
Hair type: mixed, 3c-4c?
Product Brands:Kinky Curly, Camille Rose, Oyin, Hairobics, Giovanni, Aubrey Organics

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Registered Users Posts: 609 Curl Connoisseur
    Just wanted to shout out to all the natural curlies in this universe!
    Hiya!!!
    I am excited to join everyone on their personal journeys towards caring for and exploring their hair, in all of its marvelous unique expressions!
    Thank you so much for providing this opportunity. I have been reading these forums for years, but only this week, decided to post and commit developing best practices to my evolving hair journey.
    Happy New Year everyone! :compress:

Welcome!! :flower:

I would be interested to hear if you know of any product companies that might use safer ayurvedic herb-based cleansers?
  • satyadrolmasatyadrolma Registered Users Posts: 5
    Hi MorrisonFan91!,
    Thanks for the shout out...
    I do not have one that I use.
    Here is a pretty good starting point for experimentation:
    1. Banyan Botanicals is sort of the premium source for all oils and herbs for holistic practitioners. Dr. Vasant Lad.
    2. Auromere has a pre-shampoo oil and herbal shampoos - vitacost.com
    3. Vitacost.com has their own "Dosha Elements Shikakai cleanser"
    4. Vitacost also has the Shikai brand shampoos which have Shikai extract
    5. Chopra center has a whole line of hair products - Adara line
    6. There is a spa in NYC, Pratima that has a nice herbal powder shampoo
    7. Ancient Ayurveda (Texas) has a herbal shampoo (looks funky)
    8. Chagrin Valley Soap - has a herbal shampoo bar (haven't tried), they also have a great looking "Hair Tea Detangler blend" !
    9. Etsy has tons of DIY blends /shampoo bars/ etc...
    10. Moving over to Chinese Medicine, top notch American herbal co. Blue Poppy (they grow all their Chinese herbs) has a nice shampoo for hair loss.
    Traditionally individuals used herbal rinses, rice water, fullers earth, clays, aloe vera, or the reetha/soapnut, shikakai (recipes abound).

Personally, I would try to make my own shampoo and improve the stash I presently own by doing the following:
    8 oz boiling water
    3 oz present shampoo or castille/black soap
    1-2 TBSP dried herbs (insert Ayurvedic ones)
    30-60 drops essential oils

1/2 tsp Jojoba/Olive or other oils (increase amt. for dry hair)

Infuse herbs with boiling water and steep covered, for 4 hours+. Strain and pour liquid into container, then add soap and oils. Shake as the contents will naturally separate.

Let me know which one you decide to try!!

Suze
    Trying to succeed with growing healthy hair, with safer products. Highly porous fine, fragile hair, partially resolved w/henna. Not CG, just whatever works!
    Hair type: mixed, 3c-4c?
    Product Brands:Kinky Curly, Camille Rose, Oyin, Hairobics, Giovanni, Aubrey Organics

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file