Hi I'm new and this is my story

mafelaymafelay Registered Users Posts: 6
Hi, my name is Maria and I'm from Panama, where is hot and humid :angryfire:. I have Asian roots from my father's, and have never seen my mother's natural hair :confused:. I have 4 sisters and always see them with a pretty straight hair. For that reason, I thought my hair was supposed to be straight :laughing6:. I used Shampoo and conditioner for normal hair my whole life (25 years) and never picked up a nice hair form :sad10:. I always asked myself 'what was is with my hair?' :scratch:. In my mind, I had ugly hair, believed it was damaged (from what? I don't know), and that there was no solution, besides being born again and beating the odds :crybaby:. I named my hair, THE BEAST, for it couldn't be tame, always fierce, always unruly, always all over the place, never tamed. But one day not long ago, I had an epiphany :idea1:... WAIT A MINUTE! I HAVE WAVY HAIR :occasion9:. I don't have damaged hair, I don't ugly hair, and there is certainly a solution!

So here I am, embracing my natural hair and in search of my solution to tame this beast. So that one day I will rock my waves :headbang:

hair: 2a/b, low porosity (I think), medium density, medium width
Hair:
Texture: 2 b/c
Porosity: low
Density: medium
Width: medium

Products: Still under construction!
Cleanser: a product made by TheCurlWhisperer in Miami and smells yummy!
Conditioner/Leave in/Co-wash: Devacurl: Decadence. Generic Value Products: Conditioning Balm
Styling: Devacurl: ArcAngel, Frizz-free voluminizing Foam, B-leave in. Jessicurl: Gelebration, Spiralicious. Eden BodyWorks: Natural Curling Jelly
Deep Conditioner: Devacurl: Heaven in Hair

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Registered Users Posts: 609 Curl Connoisseur
    mafelay wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Maria and I'm from Panama, where is hot and humid :angryfire:. I have Asian roots from my father's, and have never seen my mother's natural hair :confused:. I have 4 sisters and always see them with a pretty straight hair. For that reason, I thought my hair was supposed to be straight :laughing6:. I used Shampoo and conditioner for normal hair my whole life (25 years) and never picked up a nice hair form :sad10:. I always asked myself 'what was is with my hair?' :scratch:. In my mind, I had ugly hair, believed it was damaged (from what? I don't know), and that there was no solution, besides being born again and beating the odds :crybaby:. I named my hair, THE BEAST, for it couldn't be tame, always fierce, always unruly, always all over the place, never tamed. But one day not long ago, I had an epiphany :idea1:... WAIT A MINUTE! I HAVE WAVY HAIR :occasion9:. I don't have damaged hair, I don't ugly hair, and there is certainly a solution!

So here I am, embracing my natural hair and in search of my solution to tame this beast. So that one day I will rock my waves :headbang:

hair: 2a/b, low porosity (I think), medium density, medium width

Welcome!! :flower :

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file