Greetings from the swamp!

HobbitHobbit Registered Users Posts: 1
Hey all!

Still somewhat new to the site, but I've been lurking for a few weeks now, reading up on as many threads and sites as I can for information. Figured I was now to the asking questions step of handling my hair, so here I am!

My hair is more finicky than a spoiled toddler, and I live in the humid state of Florida, so it's been an... interesting? journey, to say the least, haha. Been mostly natural (semi-CG?) product-wise for a few years now, but juggling work and school has me ready to spend less time taming my hair with a flat iron and more time sleeping in the mornings. I have ridiculously thick hair that ranges from 2A to 3B, depending on the weather and how it feels at a given time when the moon aligns with the pine tree in the front yard, and even more ridiculous cowlicks that make my curls do some wonky things. Not super frizzy but for the top layer, which I usually had just been hitting with a flat iron to calm a bit. My hair reacts very well to heat, lucky for me, but I'm wanting to get away entirely from doing that entirely.

I am super glad to have found this site and NC. So much information! And some of y'all lovely ladies have already helped me with some product suggestions and techniques. The "Smasters method" of adding KCCC has been a huge success the two times I've tried it so far! :headbang:

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Hello, and welcome!

I'm glad you have found a lot of good info on this site. Since your hair is very thick, you might find some helpful information on RockynCurls' Youtube channel. She has wavy hair that is very coarse. She also has a blog with lots of information.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Hello, and welcome!

I'm glad you have found a lot of good info on this site. Since your hair is very thick, you might find some helpful information on RockynCurls' Youtube channel. She has wavy hair that is very coarse. She also has a blog with lots of information.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file