Experimenting! Lots of reviews.

jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
Warning! This is long! : )
A couple weeks ago a Facebook friend posted this link to a list of hair products, many for curly hair.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/augustafalletta/best-hair-care-products-1?bffbmain&ref=bffbmain&utm_term=.ea07YKq7JP#.wwNVWnOVd4

So I went through it and here is the list with my comments about ingredients and ones I would try.
1 Aussie 3 min miracle - silicones. No.
2 Ouai wave spray - no bad ingredients. Yes, try.
3 Devacurl - too much glycerin and I usually hate the way any Deva products smell. No.
4 Mane & Tail shampoo. I don't use shampoo or sulfates. No. But the conditioner seems to have ok ingredients so I would possibly try that.
5 Batiste dry shampoo. I don't ever like dry shampoos or any aerosol sprays. No.
6 Wet brush. I've tried various versions of these and they will not go through my hair. No.
7 Verb ghost oil - silicones. No.
8 Night Rider paste - pretty expensive. Is beeswax hard to get out of hair? I think I have too much hair for a paste. No
9 OGX hair butter - this stuff sounds so delicious, sad that it has silivones. No
10 Oribe dry texturizing spray. My hair and I just don't like anything aerosol. No
11 Eva NYC hair mask - has 1 cone but not the worst kind. I might try it if it was cheaper. No
12 Mixed chicks leave in - cones and a little above what I will usually pay. No
13 It's a 10 leave in - doesn't sound too bad but not cheap enough for me to try. No.
14 Curls creme brule - glycerin is high up on the ingredients but it sounds so yummy and isn't expensive so I might have to try it. Yes.
15 L'Oreal quick dry spray. I really wanted to try this but, silicones. Darn. No.
16 TRESemmé PERFECTLY (UN)DONE Conditioner - seems like ok ingredients. Yes
17 Chagrin valley shampoo bars - I can't get into shampoo bars. They seem weird to me. No.
18 Framesi color lover shampoo and cond - cones but not terrible ones. But doesn't grab me. No.
19 Yarok feed your curls creme - has great sounding ingredients. Too expensive for me but if I ever want to blow some money I might buy some. Yes
20 Not your mother's salt spray - My hair loves salt sprays for about a half hour then they hate them. Plus this has cones. No
21 Lush curly wurly shampoo - sulfates but lots of other good ingredients. More than I want to spend but I'm attracted to this product and want to buy it! Yes.
22 Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie - I think I've used this before. Good ingredients, not expensive. Yes.
23 Carol's daughter hair mask - cones low on the list, good ingredients otherwise. I've used some other products of hers that I liked but this is more than I want to spend. No.
24 Dry Bar gold mine cond - glycerin way up on the list, silicones, and I don't want shimmery stuff in my hair. No.
25 OGX biotin collagin shampoo - I don't use shampoo but I'm used lots of conditioners from this line. Very inexpensive and great for condition washing but not moisturizing so I add a bit of heavier conditioner at the end. Yes, I would buy these again (they are sometimes a buck a bottle at the dollar stores).
26 Paul Mitchell shampoo - sulfates and silicones. No.
--I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
--My CG and grey hair progress -  
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
--My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    My reviews of the products I tried.
    --OUAI Wave Spray -- My hair hates sprays of any kind and I don't know why I insist on trying them. I just couldn't resist this one. Gave it to my sister and wouldn't buy again.
    --Mane n Tail Conditioner -- Nothing special but works fine and is inexpensive. Would buy again if I felt like I wanted something new in rotation.
    --Curls Creme Brule Whipped Curl Cream -- I love most curl creams but they don't have much hold for me and if I mix them with gel it gets too producty so I usually just go back to my cheap LA Look Sport Gel. The cream smells delicious and my hair likes it. But again, I'd go back to my gel for the hold.
    --TRESemme Perfectly Undone conditioner -- this has amazing slip! Why have I never found this before? And in a price range I prefer. Would definitely buy again and use in my regular rotation with my Suave conditioners. This is the big winner.
    --Yarok Feed Your Curls - These are high priced for my budget and I couldn't find a sample size so instead I tried a bunch of different samples from their line.
    Feed Your Volume conditioner. My hair didn't like this, it felt producty, no slip. Wouldn't buy again.
    Feed Your Youth and Feed Your Sunshine serums -- they are very similar, smell nice, lots of good oils, great for a pre-poo. I don't think they are better than using plain old coconut oil so I wouldn't buy again.
    Feed Your Do Styling Whip - This I really liked. A nice smell, gave me really nice definition, has hold. It is a paste texture, not like a cream. and probably not good for thin hair or hair that gets weighed down. It took me a bit of time to figure it out (don't use too much!). But in the end I really liked it and would buy again.
    The Yarok company is one that I would like to support, even tho the priced are beyond what I like to spend. Their philosophy about organic ingredients, animal testing, non-gmo, giving back, etc.
    --Lush Curly Wurly Shampoo -- I don't use shampoo but they don't make a curly conditioner and this doesn't have silicones and such and has tons of real ingredients and as I said above, I was just attracted to it, so I thought I'd give it a go. This smells great, didn't make my hair react like it usually does with any shampoo, and it has the weirdest texture of anything I've ever put in my hair. But I really liked it! And I like the philosophy of this company fo making things fresh, with good ingredients, no animal testing, etc. So even tho they are beyond what I normally spend on hair/bath products, I do try to support this comapny occasionally, and I would buy this again, tho not often.
    --This isn't on the list but my sister got me some for Xmas and I had never heard of it so I thought I'd add it. U R Curly conditioner -- It smells great and is very cleansing. It isn't expensive. I would buy this again.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    DP

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file