What are you eating on New Years Day?

LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
It's cold & rainy here, so I am making chicken & dumplings. When I lived in TX the traditional was to have black eyed peas & cabbage. I think for luck and money for the new year. I'm wanting comfort food today.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Watched the hockey game, mulled wine, cheese fondue, rosemary bread & Nanaimo bars!7e1ecccb675ff58ab064c849eef1709d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    I ate black-eyed peas. I grew up in Louisiana and the tradition is black-eyed peas and cabbage. My friend made a recipe, which made the beans taste better. I don't like black-eyed peas. I skipped cabbage this year. My digestive tract thanks me. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    We had "inside out bbq pizzas" with salads and a blueberry cheesecake to follow.
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file