2A/B fine-high density-high porosity Newbie!

Marion.ScariMarion.Scari Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi lovelies! My name is Marion, and I'm brand new here and just wanted to say hello <3. I am VERY new to curly/wavy haircare, as I have been rocking the pixie cut or the bob most of my life and only in the last two years have started growing it out and learning more about it!

I have very big, loose waves that start at about my ears (hence how I never knew it was curly until now fff), and my hair type is very fine, extremely dense, and high porosity. Hair dressers always comment on how much hair I have, it's a little insane! The strands themselves are fine and soft there's just a metric ton of them on my head.

I seem to have a fairly unusual combination of factors in my hair, so have had a hard time finding the right haircare system for myself. My hair is very dry, but also prone to be weighed down since it's so fine, and I admit to being a fan of big hair. So I am trying to find the perfect balance of treating my parched locks while not weighing them down. I've been doing hot oil treatments and deep conditioning at least once a week under a softhood dryer, and hope this will help start to build up more moisture over time.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that I'm excited to be here learning from all you fabulous people!

Comments

• doylekatie22doylekatie22 Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    hello!! leaving a comment because i just found this post on google and was so excited to read the comments until i saw there weren't any!!! but this post being two years old, do you have any advice now looking back? i'm very new here and would love some wavy pointers!
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,700Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  Are you the same poster as the first one?  It was pretty quiet around here for a while, but things are picking up a little.  Stick around, join in.  We're glad you're here!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file