CJ Beauticurls Leave in?

wycurlswycurls Posts: 47Registered Users
Any input on CJ's beauticurls? Kinky Curly knot today has not been moisturizing enough for me this winter -dews! for real! So....I tried Hair Dew 2xs, yikes. Maybe i need to keep reducing the amount I use, but the last 2 wash days been lookin' greasy/stringy. which i didnt think was possible for me since I can use heavy stuff pretty ok. Anyway, is CJ Beauticurls a step above knot today? Dont want something as intense as hair dew...and I am super strict about no glycerin. Any thoughts about beauticurls or other moisturizing leave ins would be nice! thanks!

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,352Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    cj beauticurls leave in is lightweight, and is super great, especially on fine hair. it is great in all dew points, but one of the best for low dews. to me, it seems like both a conditioner and a styler. many fine curlies use only that as a leave in and styler.

i found knot today to be almost drying, absolutely not moisturizing. tried it twice and tossed it.

if you try the cj bc leave in, let me know how it works for you.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • wycurlswycurls Posts: 47Registered Users
    cool? thanks i eill try it out...i thought so with kckt, its got some kind of salt...ive struggled to find a routine with winners!
  • bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Posts: 1,308Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think KCKT is better for detangling and Beauticurls is much more on the moisturizing side of things atleast for me. I alternated between the two of them this past year. I use way more of the Beauticurls since it's colder than I usually do. A little usually goes a long way anyway. However, I also like to seal my hair with an oil over my leave in to lock in the moisture. I do this with both leave ins. Do you think your hair porosity might have to do with the absorption problem/stringiness? My hair is also quite coarse but sometimes I'll run my hair under the shower stream to better distribute the product and then put a dime or nickel size amount of oil from the ears down. It works lovely for me and I usually top it with a gel lately. It's been working really well for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using CurlTalk App
    *Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,528Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I haven't used KCKT, but I have used the Beauticurls. In fact, I'm glad you mentioned it, because I had set it aside for the warmer months and would like to get it back out now, for the lower dews. I did find it to be light and not greasy. I remember that it made my curls very soft.

I have also used the Alaffia Beautiful Curls leave-in during the winter.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,528Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I haven't used KCKT, but I have used the Beauticurls. In fact, I'm glad you mentioned it, because I had set it aside for the warmer months and would like to get it back out now, for the lower dews. I did find it to be light and not greasy. I remember that it made my curls very soft.

I have also used the Alaffia Beautiful Curls leave-in during the winter.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • wycurlswycurls Posts: 47Registered Users
    Thanks for the replies. Not sure about hair porosity, I'm probably low or normal porosity, never used silicone hair products, dyed hair or heat tools..iM super low maintenance and outdoorsey. think it may be more of the oils and my hair hating them. I tried just a quarter size the other day of the hair dew and there was much less grease/stringy ness, but my hair did not feel moisturized and it was dull. Sigh! I think it could be an okay curl creme, just to use it up. but i want that ultra smooth moisture, I never can get enough of moisture! Maybe beauticurls will be good. Kinda want to get the CJ samples to try it out. I tried Alaffia and it didn't work for me, my hard water didnt like it and I got really bad build up on my scalp.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file