I can't figure out my hair type. Maybe in-between 2b and 2c?

Erin.FittsErin.Fitts Posts: 1Registered Users
Hey everyone! I'm new to this site and I can't figure out my hair type. I think I'm in-between 2B and 2C. My hair is quite thick and gets dry easily,especially towards the ends, but also gets oily easily. Here is this picture I just took. What do you think? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think your hair is like mine, and I haven't figure it out yet. I think its a 2C but it ranges from 2a to a 3a on the best days.
    My hair too tends to be dry towards the ends but my scalp get greasy and then the roots also get oily by day 3.
    What I have done so far is to change from a regular shampoo to a sulfate free one and got a hydrating conditioner. I'm extending wash days and I did a protein treatment. I figured that since my hair is dry my scalp tries to compensate by producing more grease thus making it oily and dry; and by increasing the moisture of my hair the scalp is no longer oily by second or third day. With the conditioning and treatment hair is less dry and not prone to oily, also the curls have changed a great deal. It went from 2a to 2c (first day) and 2b (second day).
    Once you figure out what is causing the dryness and make your hair more conditioned your curl pattern will be clear. And to find the right products and treatments find out your hair porosity, strand thickness and density with those you can have an idea of what to use to enhance your hair tos its maximum potential.
    2c, dense and coarse hair.
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It might be tough to tell right now if you're just starting the CG method. Usually curl increases dramatically after that. Right now the curl is 2A ish though I see some curl potential near the roots and it may be that your hair really is much curlier than that. I'd highly recommend reading Curly Girl: The Handbook. It may help you get a handle on both the dryness and oiliness.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file