Newbie Natural and Confused!

lefraise84lefraise84 Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi everyone! My name is Kelly. I am from Southeast Louisiana, and I am 32 years old. Info about my hair: 2c/3a high porosity, low density, thin and fine. I also have some hair loss in the crown area as an added hurdle. I just want to meet other naturals and learn a thing or two about my hair as well as other hair types and issues throughout the community. You can reach out to me here, or on Twitter @ohhowrandom.

I look forward to making some new friendships here!

Comments

• WavycatWavycat Registered Users Posts: 326 Curl Connoisseur
    Kelly. Welcome to NC.com. I have 2c/3a hair too. And lots of frizz. I hope you you will enjoy it here.
    SE PA
    2C/3A med, med density,med elasticity, high porosity color-treated
    No Poo: various VO5s testing Gliss Volumizing (keratin) for summer
    Citric acid rinse or vinegar
    RO: SM Honey Mask with agave
    Conditioner only styling with water, water and more water, or jojoba + SM Superfruit
    Styler: KCCC or Ecostyler Olive Oil occasionally
    Love most oils but can't use CO in winter
  • lefraise84lefraise84 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply! Frizz is my worst enemy as well! I have been product searching fa while now and still haven't come up with anything that combats my frizz.
  • ShelleyCookShelleyCook Registered Users Posts: 54
    My hair is very similar to your properties except I can't figure out my porosity. Frizz is always my complaint about my hair. My new stylist who is trained in various curly hair techniques told me I don't actually have frizz. She said it's new growth that points up & out. I think this is a problem for those of us with thin, fine hair. Our hair just isn't heavy enough. Not sure if this is your issue but wanted to throw it out there. My current styling products are Giovanni Direct Leave In mixed with LA Looks Sport Gel. This gives me the best results with what I've tried.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    CG since 2009. Fine 2C

Shampoo - Shikai Tea Tree Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner - Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor
    Leave In Conditioner - Giovanni Direct Leave In
    Styler - Queen Helene Royal Curl Curl Shaping Creme (gel) - looking for replacement b/c discontinued
    Scrunch out the Crunch - coconut oil
  • lefraise84lefraise84 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Hi Shelley, and thanks for your reply! I never thought about the new growth thing. It might be what's going on. I will have to give those products a try. My hair is a little more curly than yours depending on the products I put in. I swear my hair is a little bit of everything! Thanks again for the comment!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file