2b hair questions (conditioning, ACV)

StellarStellar Posts: 6Registered Users
I have been trying to find a good routine for some time now. I've discovered plopping is great for my hair. I wash once per week with a sulfite-free shampoo, seems to work well too. But I struggly with conditioning. My hair easily feels dry, brittle, tangled and coarse so I've figured I need moisture. But nourishing conditioners as well as oils easily leave my hair limp, heavy and even a bit "sticky". Maybe my hair does not absorb them well?

The one thing I have tried that gave me the results I hope for was an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse! My hair was immediately soft, beautiful and with few tangles. I've only done it once, and am worried that using it each week would be damaging in the long run. How often could I use it, once per month?

My other question is - can I draw any clues from the fact that ACV works wonders with my hair? Regarding my choice of conditioner.

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi!! :) . Do any of of the conditioners have tried/used , contain behetrimonium methosulfate?
    this ingredient can cause some of what described regarding crunchy, sticky feeling ? if area where are has hard water with lots of minerals and iron in it.

I am currently trying to find some solutions because water where I am is horribly high in iron content.
    Also, welcome!! :flower: .
  • StellarStellar Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thank you! I'll check my conditioners. We do have very hard water! I never realized that could be the reason for my problems. We get insane lime deposits in the shower, so maybe it is also building up in my hair? And the ACV removes it from hair?
    Stellar wrote: »
    Thank you! I'll check my conditioners. We do have very hard water! I never realized that could be the reason for my problems. We get insane lime deposits in the shower, so maybe it is also building up in my hair? And the ACV removes it from hair?

yes, the ACV can help remove that kind of buildupfrom the hair strand.

i am currently trying to find some products that will work well for me. It is difficult because not only do I too have very hard water, also a multitude of ingredient allergies .
  • wycurlswycurls Posts: 47Registered Users
    Do what works for you! I have hard water, and it seems acr works wonders for the minerals. I use it every wash day as the last step, I dilute 1-2 TBSP of AC with 1-2 cups of distilled water. You could try Carina Organics, that company has a light daily conditioner, and ac is in their ingredients. I want to try it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file