Any 2Bs rocking a bob with bangs?

DeltaOrionisDeltaOrionis Posts: 27Registered Users
Hiya guys,

I'm thinking about adding bangs to my ginormous forehead, but as I'm browsing online, I get more and more discouraged looking at the horrors of curly bangs. So I guess I'm curious to see how you guys are pulling the look off and what your ritual is? (I'll probably be afraid to wake up the next morning :tongue5:) Appreciate any thoughts.

Cheers!
D.
2C/3A Med/High Porosity/ Medium Density/

Faith in Nature Aloe Vera shampoo+conditioner
or JĀSÖN Aloe Vera shampoo+conditioner
Miaflora Argan Oil, Toni&Guy Sea Salt Texturising Spray

Comments

• DeltaOrionisDeltaOrionis Posts: 27Registered Users
    Nobody? *sniff*

• claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I do! I do!

However, in fairness I should say that in winter I'm more of a 2a. Also, I have the opposite issue: I have too small a forehead.

I'm really comfortable with bangs. They're not too big a commitment with a bob, either; if you don't like them there's lots of looks you can try while they grow out. And you can start with a side bang only if you're hesitant.

All hail bangs!
    I do! I do!

However, in fairness I should say that in winter I'm more of a 2a. Also, I have the opposite issue: I have too small a forehead.

I'm really comfortable with bangs. They're not too big a commitment with a bob, either; if you don't like them there's lots of looks you can try while they grow out. And you can start with a side bang only if you're hesitant.

All hail bangs!
  • RafterBatRafterBat Posts: 182Registered Users Curl Novice
    My forehead is right there with yours, and while I did rock bangs back in my straightener days, I don't dare go there with my natural texture. My daughter (I've called her my style consultant since she was about 8, lol!) says she greatly prefers me with a fringe-free look regardless of forehead size.
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 
    RafterBat wrote: »
    My forehead is right there with yours, and while I did rock bangs back in my straightener days, I don't dare go there with my natural texture.
    Your consultant is probably right. :)
    I had bangs a few times before, and they would always curl up and look ridiculous. Granted, this was when I was 12, so something might be different this time? *desperate* I so want them!
    However, in fairness I should say that in winter I'm more of a 2a.
    Ooh, I bet they look lovely on you!

• BabyfineBabyfine Posts: 149Registered Users Curl Novice
    HI! High foreheads used to be considered a sign of great beauty back in victorian times! Anyway, I have a mixture of 2a, 2b and type 1 hair.
    My hair is wavyiest in the front. Back when i used to have bangs I used to use a medium smooth metal roller in the morning to straighten them out. or sometimes a curling iron(can be damaging but if you keep the bangs short you're cutting off the damage.) Actually i think curly, wavy bangs look cool. I've been considering cutting mine in again. I think if I cut them in again I might just let them dry natural like the rest of my hair.
    I'm looking for more curl, body, volume, and shine-a miracle really.
    Poos" Nioxin, Devacurl, Jessicurl
    Leave in: Ouidad Moisture Lock/B'leavein
    Rinse out: VO5 Kiwi Lime, Mane and Tail,Too Shea
    Mousse: Oscar Blandi Hair Life, Ouidad Playcurl
    Gel: Devacurl Light defining gel
  • BabyfineBabyfine Posts: 149Registered Users Curl Novice
    HI! High foreheads used to be considered a sign of great beauty back in victorian times! Anyway, I have a mixture of 2a, 2b and type 1 hair.
    My hair is wavyiest in the front. Back when i used to have bangs I used to use a medium smooth metal roller in the morning to straighten them out. or sometimes a curling iron(can be damaging but if you keep the bangs short you're cutting off the damage.) Actually i think curly, wavy bangs look cool. I've been considering cutting mine in again. I think if I cut them in again I might just let them dry natural like the rest of my hair.
    I'm looking for more curl, body, volume, and shine-a miracle really.
    Poos" Nioxin, Devacurl, Jessicurl
    Leave in: Ouidad Moisture Lock/B'leavein
    Rinse out: VO5 Kiwi Lime, Mane and Tail,Too Shea
    Mousse: Oscar Blandi Hair Life, Ouidad Playcurl
    Gel: Devacurl Light defining gel
    You know what guys, I think I'll give it a shot.
    If I absolutely hate it, I can always go Sinead O Connor. :occasion9:

Please, please let us know how it works out. As a fairly regular self-trimmer (I have a very patient stylist), I love hearing about experiments.
    Please, please let us know how it works out. As a fairly regular self-trimmer (I have a very patient stylist), I love hearing about experiments.

Hey, here's an update! :D Sry for the bad quality, can't get a decent light in the flat. Dry cut, good few days after the wash so it's not that curly at the moment. So far so good, the question remains what it'll be like after I wash it! :occasion9: gjIhPAi.jpg

• curlisue1curlisue1 Posts: 494Registered Users Curl Novice
    Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aw, thanks guys! :)

• stream26stream26 Posts: 40Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You look gorgeous !
    I would love to be rocking straight bangs and short quirky hair
    but sadly my hair grew out and it's now so long it reaches over my shoulders.
    I like pretty much every kind of them on other people http://newaylook.com/best-long-bangs-hairstyles/ Lately I've been taking a big liking to see-through bangs, plus they seem really easy to hide, just in case.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxWgJnt8bSaNLRu2oqkkj5cDbSa1y0K7BXYf8AwIQpGyv2-z1uc9O3Yg
    A quote from one of the styles featured:

"long bangs giving a deadly combination of sensuality along with style."
    A quote from one of the styles featured:

"long bangs giving a deadly combination of sensuality along with style."
  • wavybeanwavybean Posts: 26Registered Users
    I have hair just like you. Its more 2A in winter but summer it is more 2 b. I have the same bob as you and I have long bangs. I use a straight iron for my bangs. I dont look good with out bangs because I have a big forhead. I just have a little bit of a bang.

I use Deva Wave maker and Deva low poo and conditioner.
    :angel5:
  • wavybeanwavybean Posts: 26Registered Users
    I have hair just like you. Its more 2A in winter but summer it is more 2 b. I have the same bob as you and I have long bangs. I use a straight iron for my bangs. I dont look good with out bangs because I have a big forhead. I just have a little bit of a bang.

I use Deva Wave maker and Deva low poo and conditioner.
    :angel5:
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    So cute!

I used to have bangs when I was younger, when I thought that my hair was straight. But I grew them out when I discovered that my hair was wavy. I have thought about going back to bangs, but the problem is that my bangs will be basically straight--my hair doesn't get very wavy until it has a little length to it. I don't care for the combination of straight bangs and wavy hair, so I am bang-less for now.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    So cute!

I used to have bangs when I was younger, when I thought that my hair was straight. But I grew them out when I discovered that my hair was wavy. I have thought about going back to bangs, but the problem is that my bangs will be basically straight--my hair doesn't get very wavy until it has a little length to it. I don't care for the combination of straight bangs and wavy hair, so I am bang-less for now.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file