FRIZZ!!

jenjenbobenjenjenboben Posts: 12Registered Users
Madly in love with my curls, but this crown. of. frizz.

Any advice on what might help, other than the fact that I am desperately in need of a haircut? uploadfromtaptalk1480727146374.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using CurlTalk App
CG since 4/15/12
3A with a little 3B here and there
So Far....

Co-wash: Giovanni 50/50; Any SM Condish
Style: SM Black Castor Condish mixed with LA Looks Sport, plop, diffuse, SOTC. That's it!

:blob3::wav:

Comments

• curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is AMAZING! The only thing I can offer advice on is maybe looking at your ingredients on the products you use. Glycerin can cause frizz, also if your hair isnt moisturized by a leave in, or just using a good conditioner, it can frizz up as well. But honestly, you don't look like you've got tons of frizz at all, you have beautiful hair:)

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • jenjenbobenjenjenboben Posts: 12Registered Users
    Thank you curlyannie! I use SheaMoisture leave-in and coconut and hibiscus curling smoothie. I feel like I've tried every which way to apply product, dry, etc. and nothing seems to help my frizz crown.

I guess I'll keep mixing it up and hopefully something will work.

CG since 4/15/12
    So Far....

Style: SM Black Castor Condish mixed with LA Looks Sport, plop, diffuse, SOTC. That's it!

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 607Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Software caused double-post.
  • MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 607Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    hi, Jen :) .

Does the any of products have aloe or glycerin high on ingredients list? When weather temps are becoming colder and drier , I find that avoiding aloe and glycerin in leave in or other conditioners helps me.
    Vegetable Glycerin is 7th and aloe is 8th on the list for the curl enhancing smoothie. VG is 9th on the list for the strengthen and grow leave-in.

I live in Florida though with high humidity and have this problem year round. Boo.

CG since 4/15/12
    So Far....

• GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 308Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The halo could be from something as simple as product application or how you sleep on your hair. Pay attention to your product distribution and how you treat the crown hair.

I feel you on the frizz. I moved to Central Florida. It's less humid than the panhandle but it is humid year round instead of seasonal. I can ONLY wear my natural curls down here.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
    The halo could be from something as simple as product application or how you sleep on your hair. Pay attention to your product distribution and how you treat the crown hair.

How do you apply product to your crown? Hopefully there is a secret trick!

CG since 4/15/12
    So Far....

• GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 308Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

How do you apply product to your crown? Hopefully there is a secret trick!

No secret. You just may not be applying the product all the way up and not realizing it.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
    I've been mindful to pay attention to my crown for a few days and it has made a difference! I also ordered the devatowel. This morning was the first time I used it. What a difference!

CG since 4/15/12
    So Far....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file