Hair Type?

curlyndconfusedcurlyndconfused Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi!

Sorry if this isn't the right forum. I've recently stopped pulling back my hair and brushing it out and discovered these curls.
From all the examples I've seen, I'm not sure what my hair type is. Is my hair 2c, 3a, 3b, or something else?

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You look like a 3C to me. Very pretty!

It's generally more helpful to know other properties, though, such as the thickness of the individual hairs, are they fine, medium or coarse? How much hair do you have on your head, not a lot (fine), a ton (thick) or in between? Porosity is a big one, too. It has to do with how open the outer layer of your hair (the cuticle) is. If your hair is colored, you've been heat styling or otherwise damaging it, it's probably highly porous (also called high porosity/hipo).

For example, fine hair usually loves added protein, but coarse hair usually doesn't. High porosity hair sucks moisture right up, but also loses it very easily, where as low porosity hair is difficult to moisturize, but doesn't lose moisture once it's got it.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You look to be a 3b. Your hair is very pretty. Properties are more important than pattern, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • curlyndconfusedcurlyndconfused Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you guys! This more complicated then I thought. Already see some quick little tests for hair properties, though. That'll be a fun way to spend some of my afternoon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file