Trump

JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
Are we not going to discuss the recent tragedy that has just happened or nothing to say? Or are the mods removing it?

Comments

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    There was a thread or two in the politics forum. I'll gladly discuss it. Lol.

Not that I am a big fan of Hillary, but I do think electing Trump is a mistake. He seems mentally unstable and extremely immature. He's making a mockery of the position and the country. I don't think he knows how to be sane or calm enough for his new role. I actually think he'll be impeached or forced to resign within a year or two.

Pence scares me, but I don't think ISIS will destroy the country under his watch. We can vote him out in 2020 if people come out and vote.

This election has taught me the importance of participating in primaries. I always vote, but it seems like many people don't. I also think we need younger (middle-aged) candidates and more moderate who aren't trying to move us back in time or those who keep focusing on controversial issues instead of the economy. We also need to icky a better Congress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • hmkennyhmkenny Registered Users Posts: 1,467 Curl Connoisseur
    I am too consumed by it. I really need to take a fast from social media. I am very disheartened, to say the least.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    everything multi said!

if anyone wants to move to Canada, my home is open to you! :D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    Only this much further will I say, the man is blatantly lying about election results. It is not only ignorant and inflammatory, but an out and out lie. He lies most of the time. I don't understand why this is acceptable to people. Obvious lies. Everyone knows otherwise. Do all politicians lie? Perhaps, but none of it compares to what Trump is doing. He spends a lot of time on Twitter, tweeting lies and inflammatory rhetoric; retweeting white supremacists; retweeting teenagers. Shouldn't he busy planning his administration? I don't understand why it is acceptable to people. It is very disturbing and gives me the impression of a very unstable leader, and he hasn't even been inaugurated yet. And hiring a Nazi, Stephen Bannon! Why are people not bothered by this? I don't get it. I am very saddened by what he has done to our country already and whatever he intends to do in office. He has demonstrated a disregard for the truth. He disdains free speech unless it is kissing is ass. He disdains freedom of the press. And his Nazi accomplice - God only knows what that guy has in store for us. I am beside myself. It is incomprehensible to me that we are allowing this to happen to our wonderful, GREAT, American homeland. Are we perfect? Of course not. But boy oh boy oh boy.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    There's nothing left to say. I think he's a real piece of crap by the way he dogged and persecuted Barack Obama...and for numerous other reasons.

Ironically, Trump is now praising Obama and asking for Obama's counsel. I really think he thought he would lose.

I hope everyone starts to pay more attention and lobby their senators and pick better representatives. I also hope the media focuses on Trump's policies, instead of his stupid tweets. It's obvious he isn't fit for office so we need to hold him accountable for the actions that he can be removed from office for, not stupid behavior that many in the country are okay with.

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Registered Users Posts: 609 Curl Connoisseur
    I am dismayed by Trump, Pence, and Bannon . I refuse to read any articles from site Breitbart either.
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    multicult - I agree with you on the need for more people to vote. I have always objected, strongly, to our compulsory voting here in Australia, but having witnessed what happened to you over there I'm thinking maybe it could be a good thing. It could have turned out so differently.
    Not that I have a clue about how your system works, if I'm honest.
    3b in South Australia.
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    multicult - I agree with you on the need for more people to vote. I have always objected, strongly, to our compulsory voting here in Australia, but having witnessed what happened to you over there I'm thinking maybe it could be a good thing. It could have turned out so differently.
    Not that I have a clue about how your system works, if I'm honest.
    3b in South Australia.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm in shock & I think Trump is too. I don't think he expected to win., It was another way for him to get attention. Just another reality show for him. I'm so very disappointed in the people I know who voted for him. It has made me look at them differently & question their beliefs. He didn't win the popular vote. Hillary did. Makes you wonder why we should vote when it doesn't count.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Registered Users Posts: 494 Curl Novice
    I think all politicians are corrupt and liars, so then when statements are made that Trump is lying I always think "and this is different from other politicians?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    curlisue1 wrote: »
    I think all politicians are corrupt and liars, so then when statements are made that Trump is lying I always think "and this is different from other politicians?"

The reason I think Trump's lying is different from other politicians is that Trump actually either makes things up that aren't true, or possibly believes the lies that he is telling, but then never retracts and never takes responsibility for what he has said. He also tells very inflammatory lies that get people worked up. For example, his recent Twitter rants about the millions of illegal votes for Hillary Clinton. This is simply not true, and the onus is not on anyone to prove him false, it is on him to provide proof that what he is saying is true. He has not and will not do that, and he will never retract this lie. The one lie that he did retract was the Obama birther lie. He retracted it in a press conference a few weeks before the election and this got his campaign a full day of free non stop press coverage on CNN. It was in no way relevant to the election. And it wasn't a true retraction. He did not say "I lied". It was an inflammatory lie that a lot of ignorant people believed and that went on forever until it suited Trump to debunk it. I think slander is a more accurate term for what Trump did in this particular case. How is this different from other politician's lies? In my opinion, they all spin and avoid telling the whole truth at some point or another; in other words they politic. They avoid public humiliation or they avoid a sensitive issue that could hurt their campaign or popularity or whatever. I'm not saying that makes it alright, just that it is significantly different from what Trump does. On top of that, Trump lies outlandishly and pretty much every time he speaks. He has no problem with lying. He is very much at ease with it.
    I think all politicians are at ease with lying. I'm sure that if we really knew all the lies and backroom dealings we would all cringe.

• IkemIkem Registered Users Posts: 18
    The reason Donald Trump won the election is fairly evident. He talked more about the economy. He promised to do something about the economy. He gave people hope that his policies would improve the economy.

Hence, it was the economy.

The American people are tired of slipping down the economic prosperity ladder. Therefore, they tossed a Hail Mary pass, Mr Trump caught it.

They understand that there are certain risks involved. But, they did not see any real hope in four more years of the Clinton, Bush, Obama economic train derailment.

Is Trump a mendacious idiot? Yes. So is Bill Clinton. So is George Bush. So is B. Obama. Mrs Clinton? Most certainly the Queen of Mendacity. She misrepresented the facts about Russia, about the email thing, about Libya, etc etc.

The election is over. Attempts to delegitimize Mr Trump can only further divide the nation. Do we really want to end up like Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, or Brazil?

It is time to come together and endeavor to move forward. Education, business opportunities for minority groups, infrastructure construction, and the environment are a lot more important issues that can no longer wait.

Can anyone explain why the police would spray human beings with water in below freezing conditions and nothing is said?
    I think all politicians are at ease with lying. I'm sure that if we really knew all the lies and backroom dealings we would all cringe.

There is an obvious difference between Trump and actual politicians. Most politicians don't outright lie or deny facts. They're slimy in the way good public relations strategists and lawyers are. They tell the facts that will make you support them and leave out the ones that will make you doubt them. Trump outright lies and is unprofessional. I don't know of too many politicians who would falsely accuse a current president and his opponent of being founders of ISIS as fact or even a joke.

Lotsawaves wrote: »
    I'm in shock & I think Trump is too. I don't think he expected to win., It was another way for him to get attention. Just another reality show for him. I'm so very disappointed in the people I know who voted for him. It has made me look at them differently & question their beliefs. He didn't win the popular vote. Hillary did. Makes you wonder why we should vote when it doesn't count.

If more people would have come out to vote, Hillary would be president. Yes, the electoral college can be annoying, but almost half of eligible voters didn't come out to vote and people who usually don't vote came out strong for Trump. That isn't the electoral college's fault. It's the American people's fault.

I agree with you that Trump is shocked he won. He did it for the publicity and he doesn't want the responsibility. This is either going to be one of the best examples of winging it or one of the worst fiascos ever.

A lie is still a lie. Whether it's outright or not. It's still horrible behavior. Picking the lessor of two evils is still choosing evil.

I guess I just disagree with you Curlisue.

A lie is still a lie. Whether it's outright or not. It's still horrible behavior. Picking the lessor of two evils is still choosing evil.

Even Bernie, and all of the third party candidates lie. Still, at least we wouldn't have a Nazi president elect.

I don't know of too many politicians who would falsely accuse a current president and his opponent of being founders of ISIS as fact or even a joke.

A fact is a fact is a fact and is a fact.
    Whether we agree with it or not.

The US government trained, armed and equipped some people to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan. That is an acknowledged fact.

The government of the United States funded, trained, and is facilitating the activities of some crazy head-choppers in MNA today.

That too is an acknowledged fact. Whether we want to accept it or not.

Trump was correct.
    I'm not sure why you quoted me, Ikem. What I said is true. Just because 30 percent of the time Trump may something that is truth doesn't negate the 70 percent of the time that he actually lies. I go by facts, not whether I like someone.

• AngelaE9999AngelaE9999 Registered Users Posts: 132 Curl Novice
    Josephine wrote: »
    Are we not going to discuss the recent tragedy that has just happened or nothing to say? Or are the mods removing it?

Yeah, I think it's awesome. Woooo-hoooo!!!!

:occasion9::occasion9::occasion9:
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso

Yeah, I think it's awesome. Woooo-hoooo!!!!

:occasion9::occasion9::occasion9:

But be honest - you didn't cringe a little when you heard the "grab them in the *****" comments or saw him mimicking someone w/ cerebral palsy or heard him refer to Mexicans as rapists? I mean, there aren't some aspects of his character you find troubling?

• JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    A lot of people really do think it's okay for men to talk like this (as far as degrading women) and even if not okay, it's obviously not a deal breaker. Women are generally not seen as equal human beings.
    A lot of people really do think it's okay for men to talk like this (as far as degrading women) and even if not okay, it's obviously not a deal breaker. Women are generally not seen as equal human beings.

I think women and men who are Trump's hardcore supporters and over privileged frat boys are the only ones who see this behavior as normal, especially to the extent of Trump's antics. And to be clear, having a consensual extramarital affair is not sexual harassment. I point this out because Trump fans seem to not understand this distinction.

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured here.

Trump is collecting names of employees of the energy department who have participated in events related to climate change. I doubt our Republican Congress will stop him.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN13Y2R6?client=ms-android-att-us

And Trump has nominated a labor secretary who doesn't care about laborers. https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN13Y2R6?client=ms-android-att-us

And he is also behind those tacky Carl's Jr commercials.

Putingate. There will be no inauguration.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    ^^^With any luck. There's also still the trial for child rape.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    Looks as if the Saddam Hussein playbook is in use in the US. Folks really need to be careful about what they do.

Some want to destroy the nation to get what they want. Others want to destroy the country because they can't get what they want.

The very methodologies used to destroy other countries are being deployed in the US today, by the very same people and organizations. Not outsiders.

Americans are destroying the United States of America. And, we are so cowardly that all we can do is point a collective finger at foreign entities.

We can keep deceiving ourselves while ripping apart the very fabric of our nation. We need to face up to our deficiencies and try to correct them.

Foreign nations don't have to interfere. We are doing an excellent job. They just have to get more popcorn and watch us go at it.

Enjoy the ride over the horizon into the third world.
    There is proof Russia hacked emails. I would assume that is the interference being referred to by the current administration. There isn't any proof that the actual votes were tampered with.

I do think America's time as head superpower is coming to an end. Our Congress is dysfunctional, doesn't govern, and is too partisan. Our public keeps voting in people who want to go back to the 1950s and 1980s and the other party is ineffective. Most people have disengaged. Our president elect is a narcissist who will be worried only about getting his way and making money.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file