3 month job review advice- i want more work

krispykrispy Registered Users Posts: 320
Hi, I need some advice. I'll be coming up on a 3 month review on my new job. I love the company, the people, benefits, but honestly I could use a little more work. When i'm done with my job task I do my best to fill up the day by filing , unless someone needs help but the load is slow. I hear it may pick up in January. Do i bring this up in my review? What if they lessen my hours or worse, let me go? I'm kinda a pessimist by nature :smile: Any suggestions, there's really no room for growth here, but at age 52, I am fine with that, I just want to be busier.
Thanks for any thoughts!
2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel

Comments

• koolkurlkoolkurl Registered Users Posts: 252 Curl Neophyte
    If it were me I wouldn't bring up that I didn't have enough work. They could try to cut your hours. Perhaps if you want maybe look around and see what else is out there while you have a job. It seems harder to find a job when you don't have one. A friend of mine is in such a situation.
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Registered Users Posts: 338 Curl Connoisseur
    Yeah, I wouldn't bring up needing more work. I would phrase it as "I've learned X, Y, Z tasks (assuming they say you're doing okay at them), are there any other tasks I could learn?"
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    I agree with the other posters. Could you ask around if someone else needs helps? That may help you figure out what new skills to start learning. If you do bring it up, I would phrase it as you feel like you have a good grasp on your daily tasks and would love to add other tasks if there is a company need. I think Curlyamarylis said something like this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • honeysweet20honeysweet20 Registered Users Posts: 362 Curl Novice
    krispy wrote: »
    Hi, I need some advice. I'll be coming up on a 3 month review on my new job. I love the company, the people, benefits, but honestly I could use a little more work. When i'm done with my job task I do my best to fill up the day by filing , unless someone needs help but the load is slow. I hear it may pick up in January. Do i bring this up in my review? What if they lessen my hours or worse, let me go? I'm kinda a pessimist by nature :smile: Any suggestions, there's really no room for growth here, but at age 52, I am fine with that, I just want to be busier.
    Thanks for any thoughts!

Hello had to sign in for this one! Yes Ditto on the person who said maybe find something else on the side. My company began downsizing and first they cut my hours then kindly let me go a few days ago. Now I'm stuck without a job and only some prospects lined up. Please keep us in the loop on what happens next. This could also be a sign that people will get laid off at your company.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file