Hair routine timeframe... ugh!

kellekkellek Registered Users Posts: 16
I have been working the CG method for a few months and love the improved condition of my hair, but good lord it is time consuming! This is me washed, scrunched, plopped, air dried, and diffused. It took over 2 hours!!! Ain't nobody got time for that! But when I just scrunch and go, my hair takes at minimum 2-3 hours to dry, sometimes more depending on the product in my hair. With winter coming in who wants to walk around with wet gelly hair? And second day hair for a fine/med-fine 2a/2b? Fuhgettaboutit.

Sorry for the rant.
:angel9:Curly Girl Newbie - started 9/7/2016
2a/2b, fine texture, medium density

Current Routine
Low Poo: Giovanni 50/50 Shampoo
Conditioner: Giovanni 50/50 Conditioner
Stylers: Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper/KY Lube, ISO BOuncy Curls, Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls, Herbal Essence Body Envy Mousse, LA Looks gel (working out the right combo)

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Do you need to air dry before you diffuse? I just head straight to diffusing. I do plop for a few minutes just to get my hair out of my face while I moisturize, etc., but then I diffuse right after. Is that a possibility for you?

Beautiful waves, by the way!
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Do you need to air dry before you diffuse? I just head straight to diffusing. I do plop for a few minutes just to get my hair out of my face while I moisturize, etc., but then I diffuse right after. Is that a possibility for you?

Beautiful waves, by the way!
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Registered Users Posts: 334 Curl Neophyte
    My hair also takes forever for the process to get finished. It's frustrating. If I go straight to diffusing, my curls look all crazy, so I have to air dry it for at least 30 minutes, THEN the diffusing takes almost an hour..... ugh. And if I just "wash and go" after applying my products, my hair ends up flying everywhere and looking crazy and frizzy.I try to go as many days in between washings as possible, but usually I can only skip 2 days, and very rarely 3. Have you tried pineappling? That's the only way i can keep mine looking decent.

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Curl Connoisseur
    What do you plop with? If you're using a t-shirt you might try a microfiber towel. Those take out more moisture than a basic cotton t-shirt which would leave you with less time needed to diffuse to dry.

CG since 11/2011. 2c/3a, F/M ii. Posting from the Curl talk app.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
    I can't plop for the life of me, it always really messes up my hair... and if I apply products to hair that isn't really wet, my results are bad. I'm just used to it now. I've been thinking of trying to somehow do a plop with my head right side up, but I don't know how I'd get that to work.

• Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Curl Connoisseur
    I can't plop for the life of me, it always really messes up my hair... and if I apply products to hair that isn't really wet, my results are bad. I'm just used to it now. I've been thinking of trying to somehow do a plop with my head right side up, but I don't know how I'd get that to work.

Maybe try scrunching with a microfiber towel after applying products? You might need to tweak product amounts, but scrunch n hold or scrunch n pump would also help remove excess water before diffusing.

CG since 11/2011. 2c/3a, F/M ii. Posting from the Curl talk app.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Registered Users Posts: 383 Curl Connoisseur
    Invest in a hood dryer. That thing has saved me hours of drying time!! I paid about $275CAD but totally worth it.
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, very long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    Earthtones Naturals Lover
    :thumbright:
    Canadian!!
    These are all good suggestions, thank you :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file