3B winter changes

wash, condition, drying: My hair routine is the same except I spend more time drying my hair.
Diffuse in small sections until mostly dry. Get dressed. Then I diffuse until my curls are dry.
I do this because if I go outside with wet hair it will literally freeze.
Is there anything different about your routines?
Happy Curls-Good Luck!:angel9:

Comments

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    My routine stays the same whatever the season/weather. I don't change products either.
    3b in South Australia.
  • Curlyprincess36Curlyprincess36 Posts: 31Registered Users
    Starmie wrote: »
    My routine stays the same whatever the season/weather. I don't change products either.
    I wish mine could stay the same but sometimes the temps. get to -60 degrees F.
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Most of the year in DC is super humid. Except for 2-3 months in winter where it's dry as the desert. I've switched to no poo instead of low poo and curl cream instead of gel.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • MsSofteeMsSoftee Posts: 27Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The best things for my hair in winter weather are simple oils and herbs. I use cheap VO5 conditioner to cowash and on days that I deep condition with castor oil, avocado oil, or Ayurvedic herb rinses and masks I use a little Avalon Organics lavender shampoo in water to wash it out. I use flax gel made with essential oil and aloe (just a bit) as a curl keeper.

I have a lot of trouble using bought products. There's a bottle of SM C&H milk in my bathroom that I want to love but my hair doesn't like it. I can't use coconut anything, I guess. And, I don't use Deva B'lieve-in in the winter since it's got glycerin. I didn't know what the problem was until I read about glycerin in dry climates - I don't use a humidifier in the winter.

I suppose it's good that I can get off cheaply, but I love trying new things.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I change my conditioner to one with more emollients. Same with my leave-in. And I switch to a lighter-hold gel. My products are very different in the winter.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use the same products year-round. However, I deep condition more and do overnight treatments during winter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    MsSoftee wrote: »
    The best things for my hair in winter weather are simple oils and herbs. I use cheap VO5 conditioner to cowash and on days that I deep condition with castor oil, avocado oil, or Ayurvedic herb rinses and masks I use a little Avalon Organics lavender shampoo in water to wash it out. I use flax gel made with essential oil and aloe (just a bit) as a curl keeper.

I have a lot of trouble using bought products. There's a bottle of SM C&H milk in my bathroom that I want to love but my hair doesn't like it. I can't use coconut anything, I guess. And, I don't use Deva B'lieve-in in the winter since it's got glycerin. I didn't know what the problem was until I read about glycerin in dry climates - I don't use a humidifier in the winter.

I suppose it's good that I can get off cheaply, but I love trying new things.

Some of my favorite products have been the cheapest. Olive oil is like magic for my hair. I tried some fancy schmancy oils, but nothing worked like $3 cooking oil, lol. The very best high humidity gel for me is LA Looks. $3.59 for a great big container at Giant.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • AmKoAmKo Posts: 96Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I tried something new for me the other night. I cleansed with CJ daily fix, then after the shower I plopped for about two minutes, and used Hask Argan oil hair treatment (about a dime size), then about a half dollar amount of CJ Beauticurls leave in, and finally only about a dime size of Deva Supercream. I loved the results.... very soft, touchable, and natural looking. I would like to find something for a little more frizz control though.
  • BeautyOGBeautyOG Posts: 383Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, for me, during the summer I wash my hair a lot with clarifying shampoos. In the winter I use a moisturizing shampoo. But that's all that changes apart from bringing out the old hooded dryer. ;)

~Jenae
    3b, Medium/Course Strands, High Density, Low Porosity, Around APL (curly) (Sent from CurlTalk App)
    My Hair:
    3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Armpit Length, Curly

Current Products:
    DIY Shampoo
    Tresemme Aloe Conditioner
    It's a 10 Leave In
    Sweet Almond Oil
    Tresemme Mousse

Current Length Goal: Waist Length, Curly

• Curlyprincess36Curlyprincess36 Posts: 31Registered Users
    BeautyOG wrote: »
    Well, for me, during the summer I wash my hair a lot with clarifying shampoos. In the winter I use a moisturizing shampoo. But that's all that changes apart from bringing out the old hooded dryer. ;)

~Jenae
    3b, Medium/Course Strands, High Density, Low Porosity, Around APL (curly) (Sent from CurlTalk App)
    Where did you get your hooded dryer and how much did it cost?
  • JunyJuJunyJu Posts: 495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    During the summer I can get away with just conditioner as a leave-in and gel, but during the winter I have to add an actual leave-in too, and I usually use an oil as well. And then, of course, I diffuse. It's already snowing in some parts of Colorado here so I can't go out with wet hair at ALL :thumbdown:

But that's about it! Nothing too huge, I don't think!
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file