Large Damaged Section- Don't know what to do

Joce12Joce12 Posts: 35Registered Users
20161116_142854_zpsq8w11okd.jpg

So, I've spent the past however many years taking the best care of my hair that I could. No heat styling, lots of moisture, no harsh brushing, no ponytails(just lose dutch braids), no products with protien, but some how this entire section from my crown is damaged from root to tip. I don't know how it happened, but I also don't know what to do about it.

I have extremely long hair and all but that one section is perfectly healthy. I can really cut enough of it off to make a difference, but it's damaged almost all the way to the roots and I'm really at a loss. I can hide it well enough in the meantime with some cg friendly pomeade, but I'd really like to find a way to fix it.

I know protein masks can help minimally but my hair as a general rule hates protein.

I'm really just beside myself on what to do about it. I would love any suggestions you guys might have.

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    If you haven't been using heat styling, I don't see how your hair could be damaged. I wonder if that part of your hair is lower porosity than the rest and might be attracting more buildup. Have you tried clarifying?
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm wondering if that particular area/section is drier and more coarse than the surrounding area. I have a spot like that, and it *feels* damaged when it's not fully moisturized. I always have to use a thicker cream on top of my leave in, but under my gel, on that specific spot, and even at the end of my routine that section will be dry and rough, and I always have to add even more of the cream to it. I use the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, the tiniest bit only.

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • NourhanNasser78NourhanNasser78 Posts: 8Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    The crown area have the 1st layer of our hair that is exposed to anything weather or elements so it's the 1st layer to be affected to anything harmful for your hair so if the rest of your hair is doing okay that means you are really taking care of your hair. Although there is something outside around that is causing breakage to your hair and it's showing up in your 1st layer of your hair maybe it's sun or cold or rough material (not using Satan while sleep or under your ice caps), also you have to check if you have any scalp issues
  • StephC79StephC79 Posts: 99Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have to use alot more gel on that section of my hair otherwise it gets poofy and frizzy. I have no idea why, a different texture maybe. Try applying more of your styler to that section, it might help.
    3A with tight ringlet underlayer.
    Mixed porosity, medium texture and density.

Cleaner - Shea Moisture fruit fusion shampoo, Maui Moisture curl quench shampoo, cleansing conditioner.
    Conditioner - L'Oreal Botanicals safflower conditioner.
    P/T - Curl Junkie repair me
    D/T - Shea Moisture manuka honey or fruit fusion mask
    Styling - Paul Mitchell round trip, Paul Mitchell super sculpt glaze, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file