Best Curling Cream

SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 373Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Hi! I was prompted to buy Devacurl's styling cream because it is my stylist's favourite. I like how it coats my hair and makes it soft...BUT... i feel like it weighs it down and makes my hair straighter than usual. I do usually apply a light gel with my creams.

What is your favourite curling/styling cream that could replace the Deva cream? Cg friendly and curl enhancers welcome
__
2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
:thumbright:
Canadian Mama!

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,717Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I like AG re:coil a lot. Also Deva Curl B'Leave In. I don't know if that's specifically a curling cream, but it works well with the UDF. Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets is nice. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to get Deva Curl Wavemaker next. That's supposed to be nice and light for fine, wavy hair.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 373Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have heard a lot about recoil! I just might have to give that one a try
    __
    Canadian Mama!
  • JD.GameAccouJD.GameAccou Posts: 46Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love Curl Junky coffee coco curl lite in the summer and in the winter I'm having luck with SheaMoisture's Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie... just using a scant amount though.
    - Rose

2B/C wavy, fine, high porosity hair

Mod-CG
    Poo: Renpure Bamboo Coconut Water Shampoo
    Condish - SoCozy Boing Sweet Crème Curl Conditioner
    Leave in- KCKT, JM Organics Citrus/Neroli Detangler
    Curl Cream: CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Creme-Lite
    Gel: *searching*
    PT: CJ Repair Me, Gelatin
    Pre-Poo/Overnight: Aloe, Jojoba & Tea Tree Oil Mix
    Clarifying: Redken Cleansing Cream Shampoo

*Allergic to Devacurl and Herbal Essences
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been using Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, topped with a hard hold gel. Just a TINY amount, like, I put a fingertip in the jar and tap a couple times, and most of the time, wipe all but maybe half a pea size off my finger. And I can't get it on all my hair, just the most curly parts and the bottom 1/4.

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
    I am a little worried about shea's cream weihing down my hair (it seems to get weighed down so easily because there is SO much of it). Does it weigh your hair down?
    __
    Canadian Mama!
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Actually I do have to be really careful not to use too much. So there's a learning curve with it. One full size tub lasted me two years, if that gives you any idea lol. But just a miniscule amount works wonders.

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • SuziQSuziQ Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair (2b-3a. fine, low porosity) seems to like Taliah Waajid's Curl Cream. Smells good, too -- light scent that doesn't hang around. And it's available in drug stores at a reasonably price.

A little goes a long way. I have shoulder length hair, and I only use an amount approx equal to a plump raisin.

And I've learned that it's important to rub your palms together to warm it up well before applying. I scrunch it into wet or damp hair and follow with gel (currently Ouidad's Heat and Humidity gel).
  • KinkyMarshaKinkyMarsha Posts: 5Registered Users
    I like cantu stuff but we have way dofferent hair types. Im coarse and thirsty!!
    One word: INNERSENSE
    __
    Canadian Mama!
  • curladdycurladdy Posts: 17Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like Devacurl style cream and it's amazing by itself. When I add gel on top I get greasy, lank curls. The only thing I don't like about it is that glycerine is so high on the ingredient list that it's frizz city with the least amount of humidity. I'm a 2c fine haired gal.
    Fine and low density 2C whirly wavy, hoping to push into 3A with Curly Girl Method - recommitted to curly girl 2017

Current Products (Experimenting Always)
    Wash: Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle or Devacurl Delight Low Poo
    Condish: Devacurl Delight One Condition or KCKT
    Styler: Devacurl Styling Cream (looking for something similar without glycerin)... playing with minuscule amounts of Shea Moisture Styling Milk
    Not a fan of gels, but trying: KCCC and Miss Jessie's Jelly Curls
  • long_n_curlylong_n_curly Posts: 300Registered Users
    Which innersense product savagecurl?
    Can you post a pic or a link?
    Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
    PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
    Finally grew out my bad layers!!!
  • greencup13greencup13 Posts: 596Registered Users
    I like cantu stuff but we have way dofferent hair types. Im coarse and thirsty!!

Which cantu stuff and is it cg friendly?

Also- when everyone is using the Shea moisture - are you using a LI first? LI, shea moisture, then gel?
    3A 3B mix
    Colored treated
    Combo Low and High porosity
    Medium coarse texture

Goosefootprints hair analysis
    Co-wash- As I Am Co-wash
    RO-GVPCB[/COLOR
    LI- As I Am leave in,
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Style- la looks sport gel
  • KylaShaniqueKylaShanique Posts: 4Registered Users
    If you're looking for something for wash-n-go's that won't weigh down your hair, I'd recommend the cantu curl activator creme. I've actually got a whole article on curlfluence on curly stylers that you can use for a one product wash-n-go https://curlfluence.com/2017/06/22/the-perfect-product-for-a-one-step-wash-n-go/. In the article I talked about the cantu curl activator creme http://amzn.to/2ueLqeu and also the dark and lovely coil moisturizing souffle http://amzn.to/2uDaqNB . I've also got pictures of my wash and go results from using those products, so I've got the receipts lol. I hope this helps!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file