Need Recommendation

curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
This probably sounds stupid, but I've kept my hair short for so long, I have nothing to pull it up with and no idea what to use. I want something to hold my hair in a chignon/low bun that would look nice for work in a professional office and won't damage my hair. Any recs for products or sellers? I'm not averse to paying $25 or more for something that works well and isn't damaging.

In the meantime, are those cheap plastic claw clips damaging?
CG since May 1, 2016
3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
at home gelatin PT
Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi!

I like Emi-Jay ones . they are metal-free and no glued crease either. so nothing to cause snags and pull out.
  • MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi!

I like Emi-Jay ones . they are metal-free and no glued crease either. so nothing to cause snags and pull out.
  • AmKoAmKo Posts: 96Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like to use spin pins for keeping my hair in place. They are pretty easy to use once you get the hang of them.:smile:
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks! I asked here after my straight haired friends were like "why not bobby pins?" :laughing6: Curly hair really is different.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • Curlybee1Curlybee1 Posts: 55Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I also like spin pins- they come in 2 sizes; you might like the smaller ones. I'm also loving old school hair pins (u-shaped)... cheap, and even if I lose some here & there, no big deal!! My hair is BSL, and I only need one hair pin, but I like to use 2-3, knowing my hair will stay put :-)
  • AmKoAmKo Posts: 96Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Haha! Curly hair is different. I can't seem to get Bobbi pins to work with my hair well. I have tried the trick with putting them in and then turning them around to go the opposite direction, but I still have some trouble and always want to put more hair in than they can handle. Grrr....

Curlybee1.... I am interested in trying the u-pins. What size works well for you?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file