Overnight routine for lower temps/dew/humidity?

LoveliamLoveliam Registered Users Posts: 318 Curl Connoisseur
When humidity/dews are higher, I am better equipped to know how to style my hair. Overnight I use a combo of water and Sweet Curls Crazy Curly Hard Hold Elixir, from Etsy.

When temps drop and I wash my hair, I will use Deva Supercream in place of BLeave-in as well as add in Deva Volumizing Foam with the Deva Ultra Defining Gel.

I notice though that when the temps drop I have a problem figuring out how not to get 2nd day frizz.

I have tried:
  • Deva Foam with water.
  • Water with a few tiny bits of conditioner plus hard hold elixir gel.
  • Water with a few tiny bits of Deva Supercream plus foam
  • Water plus a combo of foam and hard hold elixir gel.

Any suggestions?

IS it possible my hair does not like water in cold weather? If so, what would you suggest?

Help!!!
Leigh :)
3a mixed with 2C???
Fine Texture
Normal to low Porosity
Low Elasticity

Mop Top Low Poo or Deva low poo
Deva One Condition
Deva B'leave-in for higher dews (Deva Foam for low dews).
Deva Firm Hold Gel
HG: Sweet Curls Crazy Curly Hard Hold Elixir after applying Deva and for 2nd/third day.

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm not familiar with these products, so I can't be super helpful, but what I will say is that when the dews drop, I need more oils in my hair products rather than more water. What was helpful for me last winter was to put about half a pump of argan oil on my hair at night. That seemed to make my hair be in better condition the next day. Maybe try something with oils?
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • LoveliamLoveliam Registered Users Posts: 318 Curl Connoisseur
    Therese1 wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with these products, so I can't be super helpful, but what I will say is that when the dews drop, I need more oils in my hair products rather than more water. What was helpful for me last winter was to put about half a pump of argan oil on my hair at night. That seemed to make my hair be in better condition the next day. Maybe try something with oils?

Interesting. I have not tried oils directly, but can.

Do you make changes to what you are using when your hair is wet at all in winter, or not really?
    Leigh :)
    3a mixed with 2C???
    Fine Texture
    Normal to low Porosity
    Low Elasticity

Mop Top Low Poo or Deva low poo
    Deva One Condition
    Deva B'leave-in for higher dews (Deva Foam for low dews).
    Deva Firm Hold Gel
    HG: Sweet Curls Crazy Curly Hard Hold Elixir after applying Deva and for 2nd/third day.
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    In the winter, I use a rinse-out and leave-in that are more oil rich than in summer. I also use less protein in winter. I also use a different gel, one that is not so hard hold. I feel like my winter and summer hair are completely different! But I have a friend who has fine 3b hair, and she said that she uses the same products year round. She is always struggling to get enough moisture, whereas I can get overmoisturized if I am not careful (especially in the summer).
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file