Trump Trump's hatred with Love

Curlyprincess36Curlyprincess36 Registered Users Posts: 31
We can only fight hatred with the sword of Love.
We can only fight injustice with peace and justice.
We can only conquer adversity with kindness.
I know a lot of us are disappointed with the election results but what I have just said is the only way we can fight Adversity. We can only fight negativity with positivity.
We can only make our country great by spreading love and kindness where ever we may go.
Happy Curls-Good Luck!:angel9:

Comments

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    Actually, we can fight all of this by voting in mid-term elections and primaries and presidential elections. We can support candidates who want to represent ALL of the people with our time and money.

Complaining and protesting a legal and fair election win doesn't bring the changes we want. Unfortunately, the people who don't want America to be moderate or represent our diverse demographics vote consistently and in large numbers. Many moderate Americans, especially those on the Democratic side, don't vote consistently and in large numbers. Voting is how change happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • Curlyprincess36Curlyprincess36 Registered Users Posts: 31
    I am specifically talking about Hateful things he has said. While it may have been legal, it was only legal in the sense of electoral votes. Hillary Clinton actually got more votes. Really we should get rid of the electoral college because it doesn't exactly work. I believe who ever got the most votes is the one who should lead our country.
    I have read that if the electoral college is done away with, then only large cities on the coast will matter in elections. I don't really have a stance since I am still trying to decide.

As for the unity thing, I really think that will depend on how Trump behaves. He seems to be coming to the reality that now he has to lead. I think this election was a joke to him. He stirred up a lot of hate and will have to deal with that. I honestly think that many people who voted for him aren't excited about him either.

The people protesting will either have to accept he is the president or leave. I really wish someone would poll them to see how many voted for Hillary. I really think many didn't vote and are showing their ignorance by their behavior.

• IkemIkem Registered Users Posts: 18
    I think we should be thankful that Trump won this election. Clinton is corrupt and completely owned by the business and special interest entities.

The disgusting things that Trump said are the same disgusting things that most average "all-American" males say, daily. There is no disputing that.

And, while people are getting totally bent out of shape about his words, the senseless carnage with firearms and drug overdoses continues. The middle class is becoming extinct. Schools are just waiting rooms for the prison farms or the local coroner.

And people are upset because a totally corrupt and quite compromised politician who should never have received the nomination lost?

Maybe, if Clinton had addressed some of the real issues that are strangling the American people she may have received enough votes to win. I have not met one person who is having problems because Russia moved into the apartment above them and is causing trouble. Has Russia hacked your email?

We need to do better.
    @Ikem ironically, many Trump voters felt that Clinton had a better grasp of the issues than Trump. Trump is misinformed and lacks government experience. He also isn't a great businessman, though he is a great marketer.

I honestly don't have men in my acquaintance who speak the way Trump does. That is the way certain men speak, not most men, especially since he was at work and not jokingly talking to a close friend. I think his behavior toward women reflects his age and status. In his youth, sexually harassing women at work was legal and the norm, and he never adapted to the changing times because he never had to.

Clinton hasn't broken any laws, though I do believe someone without as much influence as she has would have probably been fired or reprimanded. I think Clinton's problems are that she is so secretive she seems untrustworthy, Bill is both an asset and a liability, and she represents an old way of doing things. No one doubts she is qualified to be president. She may be the only woman in America that so many people feel this way about.

I hope for our country's sake that Trump does get serious and acts accordingly to his new role. He seems to be humbled and a little nervous. I think this is a wake up call for all of us. If we want better choices, we need to participate more in choosing candidates.

• AngelaE9999AngelaE9999 Registered Users Posts: 132 Curl Novice
    I am specifically talking about Hateful things he has said. While it may have been legal, it was only legal in the sense of electoral votes. Hillary Clinton actually got more votes. Really we should get rid of the electoral college because it doesn't exactly work. I believe who ever got the most votes is the one who should lead our country.

The Electoral College is not going away. For one thing, it's written in the Constitution. To change the Constitution, you have to have 2/3 of the Senate be in favor or it, 2/3 of the House of Representatives be in favor of it, and 75% of all the states (that's 37 states) be in favor of it. Why would the smaller states vote to allow Los Angeles, New York City, and Chicago rule over all of us forever? That is not going to happen and that is the very reason the Forefathers wrote the Electoral College into the Constitution.

Not to mention, Gary Johnson got 4.1 million votes himself, Jill Stein got 1.4 million and 850,000 people voted for "other". That is 6 million more people who did NOT vote for Hillary Clinton; you can't actually say she "won the popular vote". She may or may not have gotten more votes than Donald Trump. We'll know when the counts are finalized, which won't be until the end of November. People were also saying this before Michigan, Arizona, and one other state were "called". Trump now has 306 Electoral votes to Clinton's 228. That is a huge win.

The Electoral College explained
    Way to go, Liberals. I don't see anyone trying to get this person to "lose" the sign. They must condone it.

Rape_Melania.jpg
  • MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Registered Users Posts: 609 Curl Connoisseur
    I very much like the spirit of CurlyPrincess's post.
    I am a guy. And I have NEVER EVER once said anything about ladies, in a manner of how Trump thinks.
    Deal-breakers for me where when he ranted and insulted ladies & veterans of all kinds. To me true leaders possess the capability to display tact , diplomacy, and grace .

also, I think Trump will probably try and strip away any strides and hope pursued towards equality pay for all genders.
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    He stirred up a lot of hate and will have to deal with that.

The people protesting will either have to accept he is the president or leave. I really wish someone would poll them to see how many voted for Hillary. I really think many didn't vote and are showing their ignorance by their behavior.

Only he won't have to deal with the hate that he stirred up, we will.

I do agree with you about these mindless protests. I'd be willing to bet half of those people didn't even vote, or voted for some third-party candidate or wrote in "Bernie Sanders". I'm sure their intentions were genuine and all, but neither had any chance of winning. An utter lack of unity and too much fragmentation among anti-Trump voters are major factors in his victory.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

Catitude Boo I agree with you. By Trump having to deal with the hate that is overtly being shown, I mean that his presidency is going to be constantly interrupted by issues caused by hate groups and angry people who are afraid they're losing their rights, such as the protesters. Obviously, we are going to be affected by these issues.

A little off topic, but I think Trump won't be giving up his Twitter account, which I think will cause trouble. This is going to be an interesting ride. Honestly, I think we all lose this election.

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    Ikem wrote: »
    The disgusting things that Trump said are the same disgusting things that most average "all-American" males say, daily. There is no disputing that.

No. Just . . . no. Those are NOT things all American males say and if the guys you're hanging around with are saying that, then they're disgusting and you should get some new friends.

Perpetuating this ridiculous notion that it is NORMAL and, therefore, acceptable to say those things, only makes the people who believe in those things feel more validated and ready to incite hatred and abuse.

We should not be dismissing this as a 'boys will be boys' thing. Because, no, boys should not discriminate against minorities and sexually assault women. The fact that that even has to be explained is mind blowing to me.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
    Thanks so much. Most of the men I know wouldn't be caught dead saying any of the stuff Trump has said about women.
    Thanks so much. Most of the men I know wouldn't be caught dead saying any of the stuff Trump has said about women.

No one, including Melania, Trump's wife, approves of what he said about attacking women. The "boys will be boys" thing comes in because teen boys and men talk in extremely graphic terms about their sexual conquests in locker rooms and in the presence of only men. Many of these "conquests" are fantasy; they're not real. But they're talked about by men.

Trump apologized for what he said and was very embarrassed by it, as he should be. However, the recording itself was obtained illegally and was given out without permission, which was also illegal. Would you like your private conversations recorded and then given to the media for the world to analyze and criticize?

Trump is Right, the Access Hollywood Recording Might be an ‘Illegal Act’
    This is a thread about combating hate with love. Defences of sexual assault are not welcome.

Let's restore this thread to what it was intended to be.

I know a lot of us are disappointed with the election results but what I have just said is the only way we can fight Adversity. We can only fight negativity with positivity.
    We can only make our country great by spreading love and kindness where ever we may go.

DC:

This is a thread about combating hate with love. Defences of sexual assault are not welcome.

Let's restore this threat to what it was intended to be.

First, you brought it up. My post was a response to yours. Now all of a sudden, you don't want to talk about that subject? LOL Second, no one defended sexual assault. Read my post again; you apparently have poor reading comprehension skills and you're really stretching things to try to make reality fit your fantasy. Third, this is a thread, not a "threat".
    Restoring once more.

DC:

You can't start a particular conversation and then demand that everybody else drop it when you don't like what they say. It doesn't work that way and you don't get to control things. You are the one who talked about the "Access Hollywood" tape before *I* every said anything at all about it. You. So you cannot now demand that the thread be controlled a particular way.
    Botticelli, you can put people on ignore so you no longer see their posts.

Botticelli, you can put people on ignore so you no longer see their posts.

Oh, I didn't know this! Thanks for the heads up. Thank God for the power of technology; my eyes were about to roll out the back of my head

DC:

Restoring once more.

As I said Hatred can only be conquered with the sword of love... Thanks for restoring the thread to what it is actually about. <3
  • hmkennyhmkenny Registered Users Posts: 1,467 Curl Connoisseur

No one is going to read your huge fonted hateful memes. Your candidate won. Who exactly are you trying to coerce at this point? Those for him voted for him. If this pleases you, then be pleased. Why try to ram propaganda down people's throats?
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • hmkennyhmkenny Registered Users Posts: 1,467 Curl Connoisseur
    And to be fair to President Elect Douchebag, we should not expect him to tell the truth ever. It just isn't fair to expect this mutt, this mongrel, to tell the truth ever. Tain't right. Let him lie if he wants to. If you don't, someone might post memes. Then what'll we do?
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
    Not sure how to try to explain.
    hmkenny wrote: »

No one is going to read your huge fonted hateful memes. Your candidate won. Who exactly are you trying to coerce at this point? Those for him voted for him. If this pleases you, then be pleased. Why try to ram propaganda down people's throats?

prop·a·gan·da
    ˌpräpəˈɡandə/
    noun
    noun: propaganda; noun: Propaganda
    derogatory
    information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

If you can prove how that information was "biased" then you can call it "propaganda". Problem is, it's true. Soros groups actually are advertising in Craigslist and hiring "workers" to be bused into cities to stage "protests". If you can prove that that is not true, let's hear it.
    hmkenny wrote: »

I would give 1,000 likes to this question if could.

It does seem to me that Angela is determined to rail against every other forum r members personal thoughts and feelings.

You must be a new poster who never saw the Anti Trump railing from six or so months ago. People who "couldn't even entertain the thought that this man could be President" and yada, yada, yada. I was "piled on" because I'm Conservative. The idea here is that one must be Liberal Leaning in their Political Views or they are not welcome. Take a look at some of the other threads right here in this section and you tell me if they are "accepting" of a Conservative viewpoint. You can tell that they are not simply by their titles. Those threads were started before I ever posted here. Now all of a sudden, you are attempting to paint me as the "bad guy" who won't let other people have their viewpoints. Really???
    Not sure how to try to explain.

Nobody should have to try to explain why racism and sexism is a bad thing.

It's a sad day when human suffering and, indeed, equality, falls on deaf ears, in favour of nonsense tirades.

DC:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list