Weird patch

Sierra.CorbiSierra.Corbi Registered Users Posts: 3
I have always had a weird patch of hair in the middle of my head. I know I'm 3b/a mix but the middle of my head seems dry when I touch it. If I pluck a hair out I don't see a difference in texture. It's frustrating because I have a mohawk and my virtually my hair is new (virgin) is it possible to have mixed porosity? Or my hair just has a hair animal living in the middle. I tired uploading a pic but it's not loading! You can't tell the hair strands apart. I just know I have a rough patch in the middle of my hair.

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Registered Users Posts: 338 Curl Connoisseur
    That's totally normal. Most curlies have patches with different curl patterns, porosity, or thickness. Sometimes it's just the way the hair grows, and sometimes it's due to damage, for example the top layer of hair (the canopy) is exposed to sunlight so it's often more damaged and higher porosity than the underlayers.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • Sierra.CorbiSierra.Corbi Registered Users Posts: 3
    I'm still confused on the whole porosity thing. I've done the Strand test for daughter and myself and I still don't it. Her hair sits partially suspended in the water middlish and at the bottom of the water. My hair sank but took longer than 15 seconds. I swirl the water so the hair is touch by water if that makes sense. Like if just drop the strands in there you can see it sticking out of the water. Product doesn't sit on hair nor doesn't it sucks it up fast, that's why I'm confused.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    Sierra, your hair is probably normal porosity or medium porosity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file