Worried about my pregnancy

JenniJoJenniJo Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi there,
I am really worried about my pregnancy. I am in the beginning of my third-trimester . This is my first delivery that I am worried about it. I can feel that my heart beat is increasing with each day. I am afraid whether my fear reflects on my baby. Also, last day, I saw an article related to medical malpractice https://www.campisilaw.ca/blog/know-youve-victim-medical-malpractice/. I am really worried something like this might happen to me. How could I know if they gave me wrong pills? What can I do as a preventive measure? Really worried, need your advice.

Comments

• curlyannie80curlyannie80 Registered Users Posts: 334 Curl Neophyte
    Aww honey, its completely normal to feel all this, ok? It happens to every woman, and I think its our bodies' way of keeping us protected. I've had 3 kids, they're 19, 15, and 11 now, and with each pregnancy, especially the second one, I was worried that something was going to happen to them, or that somehow my body wasn't doing what needed to be done. And when I was scared or stressed, etc, I also worried that it would affect the baby. This is all normal, ok? And when you're in the hospital, I know it feels so strange, and its unfamiliar and sterile and weird, but it all just happens, and is going to be over with before you know it. Hospitals see so many births, its highly unlikely that they'd give you the wrong meds, or do any procedure that they're not supposed to do. Hang in there, ok? This is a process, and you're feeling what is normal :) It really helped me to keep a journal and write in it every day. I'd write out my hopes, fears, goals, what I did that day, etc. Maybe it could help you, too? Good luck, ok? You'll be holding your little one in no time :)

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • JenniJoJenniJo Registered Users Posts: 3
    I tried to listen to music in order to divert my attention but I failed. I can't concentrate. My mind is not calm.
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I've never been pregnant, so this might sound silly, but with regard to the fear affecting your baby, maybe you could try talking to your baby. Tell him (her?) that the fear you feel is not about him, that it's about other things that you have to deal with as an adult. You could tell him that you are sorry that you are feeling fear, because you know that that must be uncomfortable for him. Tell him that you love him and that you are looking forward to the day that you can hold him.

Would dancing gently a little bit to the music help, instead of just listening? The baby might respond to that as well.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I've never been pregnant, so this might sound silly, but with regard to the fear affecting your baby, maybe you could try talking to your baby. Tell him (her?) that the fear you feel is not about him, that it's about other things that you have to deal with as an adult. You could tell him that you are sorry that you are feeling fear, because you know that that must be uncomfortable for him. Tell him that you love him and that you are looking forward to the day that you can hold him.

Would dancing gently a little bit to the music help, instead of just listening? The baby might respond to that as well.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Try to avoid as many medical interventions (meds, machines, assistance, surgery, etc.) as possible, to the extent you can. One intervention often leads to another and soon they are controlling the entire delivery. I understand tho, sometimes meds and interventions are necessary and/or helpful (you have to evaluate on a case-by-case basis). The drs and nurses are professionals and highly trained in this area of medicine, so, like curlyannie80 said, it's unlikely they will make mistakes like that.

When you panic, your system floods w/ adrenaline and cortisol and other hormones, so yes, it's possible that can have an effect on the baby.

Does your dr say anything is wrong? If not; don't go borrowing trouble. My best advice is to put your trust in God and ENJOY this time. I was a nervous wreck during my first pregnancy and now I wish I would have focused that energy elsewhere.

Have you and your partner taken a child birth class? Do you belong to any online pregnancy groups? Try to sign up for those if you can.

Best wishes!:icon_smile:
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Registered Users Posts: 334 Curl Neophyte
    Hi Jenni- Jo, I wanted to add that if youre still worried about the doctors or nurses giving you the wrong meds, there is a website I believe is called Pill Identifier, or something similar, and you can put in what numbers/letters are on the front and back of the pill, plus the color, size, and shape, and it searches a database, and tells you exactly what the pill is. That might give you the ultimate reassurance. Sometimes we have anxiety about things that no matter what won't go away, and we need to be assured a lot even if noone else understands. Good luck to you :)

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • elizondoguillermo026elizondoguillermo026 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
    The first thing you should know is that there are greater risks associated with childbirth when you're older. So if you want to get pregnant, it's important to talk to your doctor about it and ask for a referral to a gynecologist who specializes in high-risk pregnancies. Your doctor will probably want to start you on folic acid supplements, which is generally recommended for women planning a pregnancy. There are a lot of things you should be doing now to improve your chances. Make sure you are not overweight. Women who are overweight have a greater risk of various complications. Having high blood pressure or diabetes, as well as high cholesterol, increases this risk as well. Smoking is also bad for your baby's health. You should also avoid drinking or using drugs, as they can lead to birth defects.
    I do have some resources greenwichbreastfeeding that you can use to learn more about pregnancy and child birth.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file