Add Shine

Lisa.BoydLisa.Boyd Registered Users Posts: 4
Any recommendations for GC friendly products (or something I can add to my FSG) that will add shine w/o weighing my fine hair down?

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    I really like Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle. It always seems to add more shine to my hair and it's lightweight and doesn't seem sticky.

Let us know if you try it - or any other product that works well for you. :thumright:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    Leave in is too heavy for me for the most part, but I spray on some conditioner with water as a leave in and it helps with shine. Also fermented rice water treatments gave my hair a nice shine.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I have had some luck with a product from Intelligent Nutrients. I think it is called Shine Spray. It is made from oils, not silicones. I spray one spray in my hand and rub my palms together, letting the alcohol evaporate, and then I run my hands down my canopy and scrunch a little bit. I bought the travel size version, and that is lasting me a very long time, since you don't need much.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    naturecat wrote: »
    Leave in is too heavy for me for the most part, but I spray on some conditioner with water as a leave in and it helps with shine. Also fermented rice water treatments gave my hair a nice shine.

I've recently discovered that leave in is too heavy for my hair too. My curls are so much bigger and bouncier if I skip the leave in. But I'd still like to prevent my hair getting overly dry and frizzy. At what point in your routine do you use the spray conditioner/water? I think this is something I'd like to try.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    janiegirl wrote: »
    naturecat wrote: »

I've recently discovered that leave in is too heavy for my hair too. My curls are so much bigger and bouncier if I skip the leave in. But I'd still like to prevent my hair getting overly dry and frizzy. At what point in your routine do you use the spray conditioner/water? I think this is something I'd like to try.

I use it either right out of the shower (though I will sometimes scrunch water out of my hair before finishing), or after I scrunch out water with a towel. I use it before other products. I fill a small spray bottle with water, and just a small dollop of conditioner and give it a shake. The overall effect is light on my hair. I scrunch it out with a towel after, scrunching and pumping both to distribute and to get out excess product/water.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file