3A - How to get wavy hair, less volume?

LaurenLLaurenL Registered Users Posts: 1
I like my curls, but I already look young and my curls often make me look like a brunette Shirley Temple lol. I would prefer wavy, looser curls and to cut my volume down a bit. I have very thick hair and I always love how my hair looks when it's drying after coming out of the shower. So much less volume and my favorite combo of wave and curl.

Does anyone know of any products or techniques that might help with that? Thank you!

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    Applying products to soaking wet hair, and using the ouidad "rake and shake" method both can help with weighing hair down/elongating curl.

As an aside, as a young kid I was a blonde Shirley Temple, hah. Nothing wrong with a brunette one either. :)

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    Applying products to soaking wet hair, and using the ouidad "rake and shake" method both can help with weighing hair down/elongating curl.

As an aside, as a young kid I was a blonde Shirley Temple, hah. Nothing wrong with a brunette one either. :)

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file