Curly Celebs a lot of them don't wear their hair natural

Curlyprincess36Curlyprincess36 Posts: 31Registered Users
Okay So why don't certain Celebs wear their hair in its natural state. It is so much better to wear your hair curly than straighten it and worry about the weather. Any one agree? Also have any other Curlies had trouble finding a guy who loves their curls? what would your advice be on finding the perfect guy for me?
Happy Curls-Good Luck!:angel9:

Comments

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The perfect guy doesn't care if you have curls or not. That's the secret.

I've been with my husband 19 years. In that time, I've had long hair, short hair, straight hair, curly hair, brown hair, black hair, red hair, purple hair (accident), orange hair (also accident) and blonde hair. He loves me all the same, because he loves me, not my hair.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • Curlyprincess36Curlyprincess36 Posts: 31Registered Users
    Thanks, I also seem to be very picky with guys, so maybe that is part of my problem with finding guys.
    The perfect guy doesn't care if you have curls or not. That's the secret.

I've been with my husband 19 years. In that time, I've had long hair, short hair, straight hair, curly hair, brown hair, black hair, red hair, purple hair (accident), orange hair (also accident) and blonde hair. He loves me all the same, because he loves me, not my hair.
    Thanks, I also seem to be very picky with guys, so maybe that is part of my problem with finding guys.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,407Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I think for some people, straightening their hair is more controllable than wearing their hair natural. I know that for me, if I straightened my hair, I would have very little upkeep, and it would always look neat. My waves can vary greatly in how they look from one day to the next, or in humid vs. dry weather. There is also a big learning curve with curly hair, and not everyone wants to deal with learning.

As for the guys, I agree with CurlyAmaryllis. It's one thing for a guy to have *preferences* about how you wear your hair, but it's another thing for him not to accept you because of it. So--he might prefer it straight, but it's OK that you wear it curly because he likes you, not your hair.

I know that people sometimes talk about being "too picky" with guys, but you also have to remember that most people are trying to find a *lifelong* partner, so why would you want to settle? I would just be honest with yourself about what you find important in a guy and stick to that. What is a dealbreaker, and what is just preference? Someone not accepting your natural hair texture is trouble, in my opinion--it makes me think that they will not be accepting of other things about you as well.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
    That is a good point, I wish more people would take the road to learning to love their curls. I also wish it were easier to find guys, somehow even though I live in a college town it is impossible to find guys who are worth dating.
  • DeltaOrionisDeltaOrionis Posts: 27Registered Users
    It's probably just general media brainwash.
    Straight hair has, for some reason, always been "more professional" and neat looking than curly. Curly, especially if a bit dry can seem like it's not being taken care of. I guess that's it, simply. :(
    2C/3A Med/High Porosity/ Medium Density/

Faith in Nature Aloe Vera shampoo+conditioner
    or JĀSÖN Aloe Vera shampoo+conditioner
    Miaflora Argan Oil, Toni&Guy Sea Salt Texturising Spray
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    I wish Nicole Kidman would go back to her natural color & curls. Her current hair color washes her out & that flat, straight...
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file