Help me...choose

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,772Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
first
detail.jpg?1
detail.jpg?1
or second
3748578-p-MULTIVIEW_1024x1024.jpg?v=1475860751
3748578-3-MULTIVIEW.jpg

And is it close or do you prefer one much more than the other? (significant price difference)

I would be wearing mostly w/ skirts and black tights.

Comments

• curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Second. I like those WAY better than the others, something about the metal details on them, and the shape, and just everything :)

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • koolkurlkoolkurl Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Second one. They are cooler and edgier and look more comfortable.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,772Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Reeeeeeeally? This was not the opinion I was expecting. But I'll take it!:icon_smile:

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,554Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I LOVE the 2nd pair so much.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,130Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm the odd one out here - I like the first pair better. I tend to like more delicate shoes. It really depends on the look you are going for.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,772Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curlypearl wrote: »
    I'm the odd one out here - I like the first pair better. I tend to like more delicate shoes. It really depends on the look you are going for.
    So you consider them two different looks? How would you describe the two looks? (So i know which would convey my intended look better.)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The first one has a more feminine look. The straps give it an open, almost lacy effect. I think the straps are called a "cage" effect. I saw many similar shoes on recent fall runway videos.

The second pair I would describe as "rocker chic." Feminine but in a more tough and "cool" way.

The pointed toe and smooth leather effect of the first pair would work well for dressier effects. The second pair looks sturdier but kind of clunky. There are western "cowboy" references.

The second pair might be more versatile because it will work well with skirts/dresses (if you want to "toughen" a too sweet look) as well as jeans. The first pair is "prettier" and may not look as good with jeans but can go very dressed up.

The second pair is more casual. It's good looking and the reason I prefer the first is I'm petite and thin so heavy or clunkier shoes don't work that well for me, but if you are taller and/or bigger boned the second pair may work better for you.

Hope that helps!
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    The first one has a more feminine look. The straps give it an open, almost lacy effect. I think the straps are called a "cage" effect. I saw many similar shoes on recent fall runway videos.

The second pair I would describe as "rocker chic." Feminine but in a more tough and "cool" way.

The pointed toe and smooth leather effect of the first pair would work well for dressier effects. The second pair looks sturdier but kind of clunky. There are western "cowboy" references.

The second pair might be more versatile because it will work well with skirts/dresses (if you want to "toughen" a too sweet look) as well as jeans. The first pair is "prettier" and may not look as good with jeans but can go very dressed up.

The second pair is more casual. It's good looking and the reason I prefer the first is I'm petite and thin so heavy or clunkier shoes don't work that well for me, but if you are taller and/or bigger boned the second pair may work better for you.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for that in-depth explanation!

I'm with you; I prefer the first pair. A lot! But after tax and shipping, they would cost $400. I'm a bit hesitant to buy a little pair of $400 shoes when

a) I have a dog

b) the weather is so freaking unpredictable here

c) I just bought those $400 boots last fall and hate them, sold them at a loss, and bought $400 booties the fall before which cripple me and that I need to also get rid of.

Feels safer to buy a cheaper shoe.:sleepy3:

The look I am going for is 80's music head. The first pair screams goth chic to me and the second pair, just like you said, says rocker chic.

I am neither petite nor short but trust and believe, I would work the heck out of that first pair, with dressy clothes and jeans, too! :occasion9:

I love the first pair, curlypearl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wahhhhhhhh

So I went ahead and ordered the second pair :neutral: (bc several on here said they liked them). If I find I love them when I get them, I will keep them and forget about the first pair. But if they are just mehhh, I will send them back and maybe bite the bullet and get the pair I love (if they are still available, which is not a given). Or I might order something from etsy.

Ohhh these decisions. (I have problem feet.)

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,288Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Hope that helps!

I totally agree. I like the first one way better but it's more my style(although I personally wouldn't wear them since I'm not a fan of pointy toed). The second looks more comfortable but not a fan of it in general.
    Based on many reviews, the first pair is extremely comfortable!:compress:

What about these (same as above first pair):
    10959203_340085132864675_1403324620_n.jpg

versus these (different pair)?
    8743158677_d481b225d1.jpg

Sorry for being annoying...I'm just indecisive about some things.

I like the first a lot better.
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    of the second set, the 2nd pair screams "witch shoes" to me.. meh.

I like both pairs from the first set and totally agree with CurlyPearl's assessment.
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,900Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Not generally a fan of buckles like that but they do seem to have a more distinctive look. Definitely a limited use boot though as it probably has a time and place to wear. The first looks good on the shelf but I didn't like it when shown on the foot in the second set. Very boring and not much added to an outfit to me. Second shoe second set I agree with TRBL, "witch shoe" with the big Pilgrim buckle.
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
    Spider, you are never annoying - your posts are always entertaining!

Just to confuse you further, I agree with GuardianB - when I see the first shoe on the foot I don't like it quite that much anymore. It makes the foot look very long and the leather looks like it will crease really easily and look shoddy quickly. If you have large feet it would not be a good choice for you.

I kind of like the witch shoe especially the detail on the toe part, but I'd like another photo. I want to see the heel. Is there another picture? It also might scream old lady. I don't know. ?? Maybe the best choice is the rocker chic shoe! It definitely isn't old lady and it has pizzazz. Have I confused you further ? :confused::hello2:
    Spider, you are never annoying - your posts are always entertaining!

Just to confuse you further, I agree with GuardianB - when I see the first shoe on the foot I don't like it quite that much anymore. It makes the foot look very long and the leather looks like it will crease really easily and look shoddy quickly. If you have large feet it would not be a good choice for you.

I kind of like the witch shoe especially the detail on the toe part, but I'd like another photo. I want to see the heel. Is there another picture? It also might scream old lady. I don't know. ?? Maybe the best choice is the rocker chic shoe! It definitely isn't old lady and it has pizzazz. Have I confused you further ? :confused::hello2:

It's all helpful! Thank you.

Pictures of shoes? Coming right up. (They are built on the same last as the first ones. Same brand and same shoe family/heel.

detail.jpg?1

detail.jpg?1

fluevog-shoes-tucker-for-target-dress-g-star-raw-jacket_400.jpg

composite.jpg

2388c265-8db1-4a42-b72e-e493f8e7e4cc_1000.jpg

So below is a different, but related shoe (same brand and family). I'm posting the pic bc I have very wide feet like the woman in the pic... maybe worse. LOL. And I don't think those shoes look terrible. My feel aren't long for my height.

8a6f2ca2901e3effa882c1e507bf5a9f.jpg

Very astute, Guardian B. The name of the shoe is "Pilgrim."

• TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Okay, I like the pilgrim much better in the colors, both the pink/grey and the green!!
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,554Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I love the green witch/pilgrim shoe!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like pink gray witch.
    The straps on the other one (last pic) not so much.

~ sent with love and good intentions ~
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
    PerriP wrote: »
    I like pink gray witch.
    The straps on the other one (last pic) not so much.

~ sent with love and good intentions ~

Oh no, I'm not considering the shoes in the last pic. I just posted that pic to show how wide (but not long) feet look in such pointy shoes.

Yay, a few witch/pilgrim converts! Everyone needs a good witchy shoe.

TRBL wrote: »
    Okay, I like the pilgrim much better in the colors, both the pink/grey and the green!!

They come in red and also brown!

I know no one cares at this point but....
    These are the shoes I want. But I'm reading some negative reviews about them.
    detail.jpg?1

I was trying to think why I like them so much? Then I remember I own the shoes below (in another color). Much cheaper and great for my abnormally wide feet.
    black-indigo-girl-cut-out-booties.jpg
    So maybe just ordering another pair of them in black is another option.

And the ones w/ all the hardware (initial post) arrive today so I'll get to see what I think of them.

Everyone needs a good witchy shoe.

Nope, absolutely not here!!! I will never understand this trend, but more power to ya!!
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Josephine wrote: »

Nope, absolutely not here!!! I will never understand this trend, but more power to ya!!

I agree! I think the only one's that were remotely OK were the pale pink ones and only because the woman wearing them had long, slender legs and feet.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
    Josephine wrote: »

Give it a few more yrs in NYC

I also like the colored pilgrims much better than the black. I like the texture of the green ones a lot, it looks like snakeskin. You might get better mileage out of the pink/grey ones though.
    I received the shoes w/ the three big buckles (first comparison) and I don't like them so they are going back. I said F it & I went ahead and ordered the ones I really like :

detail.jpg?1

Why force yourself to settle for something you really don't want, right? I hope they work out. I love them and they remind me of going to high school in the late 80s.

Thought I would see a little support from the Canadian boardies (bc they are Fluevogs and you gotta rep for your home team, right? But I guess not. Lol

So ...for the Canadian boardies - do you wear Fluevogs or La Canadiennes or Aldos?

fd84f1e1b3bcf0cbf868dffdd2238a58.jpg

I finally got them & I love them. I want to get the metallic ones, too! So comfy. Hard to get a good pic at this angle.

753f767048316553389ca2afb949730b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file