Frizz

Jessica.WileJessica.Wile Posts: 74Registered Users
As my hair has grown, my frizz has worsened. My curls are still very defined on their own, but the frizz has become more evident on each clump. It looks frayed or damaged when it's not. My frizz is actually a different curl pattern. My frizz is 3A & 3B, even a little 2C, when the majority of my curls seem 3c. Anyone else have this issue? I don't know how to remedy this. It's annoying. And it's not heat damage. I never use heat or style my hair via manipulation. I wish the 3b and 3a would clump together and stop getting sucked into the corkscrew curls. Wishful thinking? It just looks weird when one 3a or 3b clump manages to find each other and stands out in my hair.

28ri4hs.jpg
1zxr70i.jpg

My curl pattern:
It's grown since these photos, so it's slightly looser in spots now.
1z1chp5.jpg

Comments

• AmKoAmKo Posts: 96Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have this same problem! For me it seems to be some of the more coarse strands that are not forming in with the curl, but I'm not sure. If you find a solution, please share!
  • Jessica.WileJessica.Wile Posts: 74Registered Users
    Will do! I'll have to experiment, I guess.
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I wonder if it's not this:
    Strand Embedded Frizz –This frizz occurs literally inside individual strands so that the curls or waves lack cohesive definition, smoothness or consistency. This is the reverse of frizz tubes.

When strand embedded frizz occurs it means frizz may occur within all of the strands, some of the strands or just select strands. Sometimes the frizz will occur in the space between the curls or waves.

Hair experts believe that strand embedded frizz or space frizz is due to the application of heavy, thick or sticky styling products with ionic characteristics which cause the hair around the edges of each strand and in the space between the strands to attract each other and cause frizz in varying degrees.

Maybe try some lighter products? Or less products? (I know a lot of people on here use 3 or more at once, which might be too much. It certainly would be for me.)

If it makes you feel any better, you have my dream hair. I'm sure all you can see is the frizz, but everybody else is seeing a gorgeous head of curls.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • Jessica.WileJessica.Wile Posts: 74Registered Users
    I wonder if it's not this:
    Strand Embedded Frizz –This frizz occurs literally inside individual strands so that the curls or waves lack cohesive definition, smoothness or consistency. This is the reverse of frizz tubes.

When strand embedded frizz occurs it means frizz may occur within all of the strands, some of the strands or just select strands. Sometimes the frizz will occur in the space between the curls or waves.

Hair experts believe that strand embedded frizz or space frizz is due to the application of heavy, thick or sticky styling products with ionic characteristics which cause the hair around the edges of each strand and in the space between the strands to attract each other and cause frizz in varying degrees.

Maybe try some lighter products? Or less products? (I know a lot of people on here use 3 or more at once, which might be too much. It certainly would be for me.)

If it makes you feel any better, you have my dream hair. I'm sure all you can see is the frizz, but everybody else is seeing a gorgeous head of curls.

Thank you!! :) I try not to focus too much on the frizz, it just gets obnoxious when the loose rogue hairs fall in my line of vision. I've never heard of Strand Embedded Frizz before though, but I'm definitely going to look into it. And since it's the weekend, it's a great time to play around with products. I usually do use heavy products...and multiple...so I'll see how my hair reacts to lighter products and less of it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file