How much hair loss is normal? I'm scared...

My hair is already thin and I lose so much hair everyday in the shower and while styling...I'm afraid I'm not going to have any left! Whenever I put my hair up or half-up, I have to worry about weird bare spots.

So, what is a normal amount of hair to lose daily? And, what could cause so much hair loss? I'm guessing bad nutrition, perhaps...
For I know that my Redeemer lives,
And He shall stand at last on the earth;
And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
That in my flesh I shall see God,
Whom I shall see for myself,
And my eyes shall behold, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!
(Job 19:25-27)

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's normal to lose on average 100 hairs a day. If you don't wash every day, you will have more hair coming out in each wash because it's several days worth of loose hair.

However.... if you have bare patches, I would see your doctor. At the very least take a vitamin supplement with biotin, eat plenty of protein, and drink lots of water. Nutrition (good or bad) can have a very noticeable effect on hair.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    I shed this time last year real bad. My hair got thin so I'm watching this year to make sure it wasn't a spring shedding or something.
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file