We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes

Learn more!

site wonky when posting

rbbrbb Posts: 4,120Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
for the past few days when i try to post a reply, it just seems to be frozen on the page i am composing the reply. i cannot get it out of that page so i have to go out of the site, then come back. so then i just read, not post.

it usually has posted, but sometimes it posts 2x. i have seen many double posts this week and others also complaining about this.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Comments

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,689Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm clicking "post reply" and it's taking forever to get off the page and when it does I'm getting a blank white screen which is freezing on me. Sometimes posts are showing, some are double and some are just disappearing.
    3b in South Australia.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,719Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am having the same experience as Starmie. This has been going on for me for a couple of weeks.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • mrzrapp2015mrzrapp2015 Posts: 117Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Same for me past week or so
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,360Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I almost don't want to reply to this since it's so irritating to post anything! But yes, it's still happening. You post, the page turns white and doesn't go anywhere, you click Back and your post doesn't show so you try again and it posts it twice. Grrr.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users
    Ditto. Making the sacrificial post! I know that after I post this the site will be closed to me for about 1/2 hour or so.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,120Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    STILL a problem. hence, posting this as i am getting off the site.

PLUS, site is VERY SLOW today.

styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
  • curlynccurlync Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Been having the same problems everyone else has mentioned above, for the past two weeks or so. Getting very frustrating. Once I submit a post, I know I won't be able to do anything else on the site for at least another 10 minutes.
    2c/3a
    Porosity: low at roots; normal mid-shaft; high at ends
    Texture: mix of medium & coarse
    Density: medium

Low-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather; CJ Gentle Cleansing
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm; Innersense Color Radiance
    Stylers: MT Curly Custard; CHS Curl Keeper; UFD Curly Magic; Innersense I Create Volume

Occasional use: CJ Repair Me; Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo

CG (or mod CG since I low-poo?) since June 2015
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Arrrrrgggghhhhh!!!! Unofficially.

Officially, the pain is felt. I passed the issue on the techs. I apologize for the delay in response.

Guide63
    fyi -- this is STILL a problem. i am forced off the site each time i post. and i am seeing lots of doubles, so apparently others are still encountering this problem.

I'm sorry this is still happening. I will contact the techs again tomorrow.

Guide63
    apparently this is STILL A PROBLEM....

i haven't posted for a few days because of this and just tried, and of course, i was frozen and had to get off the site and get back on to post this.

i've noticed there are markedly fewer and fewer posts, and fewer people on the site. doesn't this affect business? advertisers?

people come here to read these posts even if they aren't members, you get your article ideas from these posts. it just doesn't make business sense not to make sure you find techs who can and will correct this.

it's too bad that this great source of info for curlies is disappearing.

We have noticed the same thing and agree with you. Eve has been contacted this time. Hopefully she will respond, no one else has done so.

Guide63
    Closing in on a month and still no fix for this?
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    Closing in on a month and still no fix for this?

i'm thinking that they want to let the site go.

it's losing momentum and generally speaking it would be impossible to gain it back. it started with the 'renovation' where we lost a tremendous amount of members.
    and now it's reached a new low. seriously, how many postings a day back before the 'make-over' to now with getting frozen off the site with each posting?

^ Yep, there used to be thousands of members on the site at any given time, day or night. I just looked and there are 460 on here right now. Wow. And it seems I only 'talk' to about 5 others regularly. What a shame.
    So if any of you aren't facebook friends with me yet and want to ever talk to me when this forum goes down all together, just message me for my real name. : )
    ^ Yep, there used to be thousands of members on the site at any given time, day or night. I just looked and there are 460 on here right now. Wow. And it seems I only 'talk' to about 5 others regularly. What a shame.
    So if any of you aren't facebook friends with me yet and want to ever talk to me when this forum goes down all together, just message me for my real name. : )
    I just heard back from Eve. They are aware of the situation. There is an overalll system issue they are trying to fix. Unfortunately, it is taking some time to do so and will it take some to do so.

Guide63
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,264Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Waiting to here if this has been addressed yet....
    shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909
    If something hasn't been fixed in 5 weeks it's either not fixable (I doubt this is the case) or they really aren't working on it. Of course we've been waiting almost 2.5 years for them to fix what got messed up when they 'improved' things.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have zero faith in it being fixed, as someone posted earlier they are just letting it go. If they don't want to run the app (more people check from their phones/tablets then a computer) they aren't going to put any work into the forum.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Please don't lose faith. It is going to take awhile to fix the problem that is not just a patch. Patches are no longer working. The system has been here since the inception of the board.

I know it is frustrating (it is for us too), but please hang in there.

Guide63
  • WavycatWavycat Posts: 281Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Can someone atleast post an update every couple of weeks so we know it's not just lost forever. This is painful and just awful.
    SE PA
    2C/3A med, med density,med elasticity, high porosity color-treated
    No Poo: various VO5s testing Gliss Volumizing (keratin) for summer
    Citric acid rinse or vinegar
    RO: SM Honey Mask with agave
    Conditioner only styling with water, water and more water, or jojoba + SM Superfruit
    Styler: KCCC or Ecostyler Olive Oil occasionally
    Love most oils but can't use CO in winter
    I can only update you when information is given to me. If you don't hear anything, that means there nothing to relay to you. I wish I could update you every few weeks, but alas I cannot. I will pass along information when I hear something.

As stated previously, it take will some time to get the situation remedied since it is not a quick fix. I'm not privy to anymore information other than that. We all (mods) feel the pain. :cry:

Guide63
  • AddeeAddee Posts: 351Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It does matter whether I use my phone, tablet or desktop all sucks the same. I have been tempted to quit Curltalk since posting is so difficult.
    Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.
  • PyewacketPyewacket Posts: 13Registered Users
    Sorry, but if in 2 months you can't provide some feedback regarding what is being done to fix this site bug, that means they aren't actually working on it.

No progress in months = ignoring the problem. I'm starting to think the people who think this forum is being let go to the dogs on purpose are right.

Should that be the case - that they want to turn this into a shopping site with no forum content - I can guarantee that I will NEVER be on this site to buy a thing. Most of the stuff is cheaper via Amazon anyway, and if I am not getting product advice from fellow forum members there's no impetus whatsoever to come looking here to buy product. As opposed to looking up products suggested to me in the forum while I'm still on the site.

Of course no forum - or a forum that has been so badly mangled as to make it unusable, driving away members so that there is little or no advice being posted anymore - means I won't come to the site AT ALL.

WITH functioning high-participation forum - possible sales.

WITHOUT functioning high participation forum - NO sales.
    3A tending strongly towards 3B
    FINE
    High density
    ???? Porosity
  • SlinkyheadSlinkyhead Posts: 100Registered Users
    The site has stopped the double-posts, however it still locks you out for a length of time and also gives you an error message after you post to say the site cannot/will-not load. Just thought someone would like to know that measures to stop at least the double post have worked but the other errors remain.

Type: 3a | NP | med-fine but high den | bob
    NP: Deva NP, DC low poo, ACV rinses
    RO: Deva 1 Cond orig or decadence
    DC: DC HIC, SM JBCO mask
    LI: 1 Cond, B'leavin
    Styler: Deva SPC or reg SC
    Gels: DC LDG, Bouncecurl
    Refresh: water w Lavender oil.
    Scalp: Lav/jojoba/rosem/pep oils.
    Airdry, wait 30 mins before diffusing.
    Loves a little protein in stylers! Hates heavy stuff.
    I get double posts nearly every time and it's getting on my last nerve. Really ridiculous that it hasn't been fixed.
    I think they are lying to our faces when they say they are working on it. Just like they lied to our faces 2.5 years ago when they said this - "THIS IS NOT A CHANGE IN FUNCTIONALITY, simply a change in design so that CurlTalk matches the rest of the website's look & feel. All the icons will remain and do the same things. I repeat -- the WAY curltalk works is not changing! Just makin' her look a little bit cuter." That was an out and out lie. The functionality totally changed and even tho they promised over and over to fix things, they never did. So it's hard to "keep the faith" when they tell us they are trying to fix this newest issue.
    I get double posts nearly every time and it's getting on my last nerve. Really ridiculous that it hasn't been fixed.
    I think they are lying to our faces when they say they are working on it. Just like they lied to our faces 2.5 years ago when they said this - "THIS IS NOT A CHANGE IN FUNCTIONALITY, simply a change in design so that CurlTalk matches the rest of the website's look & feel. All the icons will remain and do the same things. I repeat -- the WAY curltalk works is not changing! Just makin' her look a little bit cuter." That was an out and out lie. The functionality totally changed and even tho they promised over and over to fix things, they never did. So it's hard to "keep the faith" when they tell us they are trying to fix this newest issue.
  • PyewacketPyewacket Posts: 13Registered Users
    Heck we had a double post right there in the thread, LOL! So that is clearly NOT fixed.

I've had TRIPLE posts and in my case I know they resulted from the super long load time followed by display of a blank page, which made me think the post didn't go through. Now in order to avoid that, I wait (and wait and wait and wait) for the blank page to finish "loading", then go back to the thread top and hunt for the new post to make sure it went.

But someone new to the site or less computer-sophisticated (I'm a retired software engineer) probably wouldn't figure that out.

Hence we continue to see multiple copies of the same post.

This site was so busy and useful when I joined up. I must have stopped coming here right around the time they did the so-called "upgrade" (health issues take me out of commission from time to time).

It's dead dead dead now, and some of the "informational" posts are just ludicrously inaccurate or plainly just sales jabber from converts to that particular Hair Cult. There are broken things on the site, and the organization (of the information on the site) has gone to he!! in a handbasket.

Makes me really really really sad. This was SUCH a great resource before this all happened. They were SO responsive back then - giving us the grey hair forum when we asked is one example.
    3A tending strongly towards 3B
    FINE
    High density
    ???? Porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file