Join me in a 10 minute challenge!

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,078Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
What household or personal chore or do you hate? I hate organizing my papers at home. I loathe it, I dread it. So I've made a pact with myself. Starting tomorrow I'm spending 10 minutes - just 10 minutes with a timer to sort through all that mess each day. At the end of a week, I'll have worked on my papers for more than an hour - which for me is great progress!

So...what household or personal chore do you hate that you can resolve to spend 10 minutes on each day for a week? Then we can compare notes! I'm going to do it but would love some e-company. Come on curlies - is it dusting, cleaning out the fridge, exercising, cooking - all of the above? Choose one and let's start. :thumright: Procrastinators especially welcome.
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 587Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi, curlypearl-pal

I like this idea. For me, usually Sundays are hardest. I help clean, but sometimes doesn't go well.
  • MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 587Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Doublepost. oops.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,078Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi Morrison, I'm so bad I didn't do this at all today. Glad for your post - it will encourage me to start tomorrow.

Good luck to you with everything!:thumright:
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am really bad at leaving clutter out. By the end of the week the island in my kitchen looks like a bomb went off. I will join this challenge to spend 5 minutes (notice I can't commit to the 10) each day to tidy my clutter.

~ sent with love and good intentions ~
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,956Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'll join in when I get home. Still on holiday atm so not thinking about chores!
    3b in South Australia.
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,450Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'll join too! The paperwork is my albatross too. Been putting it off for a long time. I'll start with 10 minutes tonight.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
    Terrific, PerriP. I have the same problem with clutter. Usually it's because I haven't budgeted in enough time for whatever, like getting dressed before work, so everything just gets flung around. It's amazing how one chocolate kiss wrapper left out and my apt. ends up looking like Dresden after the blitz!

Cmon Starmie - we need you on our team!

Yea! Hmkenny! You are better than I am. I worked (admin) and didn't start my project at all. You started - that's great. That motivates me. I'm starting tomorrow (too late tonight). So glad you joined!!!
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Terrific, PerriP. I have the same problem with clutter. Usually it's because I haven't budgeted in enough time for whatever, like getting dressed before work, so everything just gets flung around. It's amazing how one chocolate kiss wrapper left out and my apt. ends up looking like Dresden after the blitz!

Cmon Starmie - we need you on our team!

Yea! Hmkenny! You are better than I am. I worked (admin) and didn't start my project at all. You started - that's great. That motivates me. I'm starting tomorrow (too late tonight). So glad you joined!!!

I admit to only doing this 50%of the time. I just can't seem to make it a priority. I look at it and think "in a minute" then it's bedtime! Work in progress

~ sent with love and good intentions ~
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,956Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Been thinking about this thread since I got back but couldn't think of things I could do in10 minutes on a daily basis. I do get annoyed with myself for going to bed when there's mess around in the kitchen/living room etc so maybe I'll make an effort to have a quick tidy up before bed. Although half the time it's not my mess and I don't want to be clearing up after other people, hmmm...
    3b in South Australia.
    I don't blame you Starmie. I have enough trouble cleaning up my own messes without having to deal with someone else's messes!

I still haven't started - :angry7: I must get stricter with myself and start today. OK today!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file