Stan Smith Sneakers--too old?

koolkurlkoolkurl Posts: 252Registered Users
I am in my 50s...am I too old for these?
adidas 'Stan Smith' Sneaker (Women) | Nordstrom

Comments

• TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,293Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nope, if you like 'em, rock on with your bad self.
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,707Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm in my 40s and was thinking of getting them again; I wore them in jr. high and high school. Why not? Better for your feet than heels.

• koolkurlkoolkurl Posts: 252Registered Users
    Thanks everyone. Yup sneakers are definitely better for our feet than heels.
    Which ones do you like better the ones with green in the back or navy?
    adidas 'Stan Smith' Sneaker (Women) | Nordstrom
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,015Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I like them but my 18 year old son has some and I think he'd be horrified if I started wearing them!
    The colours aren't showing up for me but I think I'd go for blue, assuming they're white with blue trim.
    3b in South Australia.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,707Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Green is the original color so that's what I'd go with. No need to recreate this classic.

Eta - those sneakers might have been the first article of clothing I saved up for & bought myself. I remember going to Kings Plaza w my gf Jennifer & buying them at...what was that athletic store called? Herman's? On the 2nd floor. Cash on the counter. I was 12. Good times.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,090Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Nope - you're not too old! I'm 71 and I'd wear them. I wear Rag and Bone low sneakers all the time - I have a pair in black and one in white.

It's the decrepit old ladies trudging along in unlaced decrepit sneakers that look eeek! (Not wanting to be mean.)

Just wear them with casual clothes like jeans.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,469Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    No one is too old to wear anything. So, no, you aren't too old to wear those. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,469Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    dp
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,206Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No, especially sneakers. I have to wear them more often now because of all the walking I do. I miss heels though.
  • krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
    No way are you too old!!! I'm 52 and I would wear them. In fact, i say "out with rules regarding fashion and age!" I wear some shirts from the juniors section (nothing too outrageous though) and many older women have long hair and I think that's great ! As for sneakers, I'm looking for a pair of red Converse and I don't think I'm too old for them! Go for it!!!
    2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
    SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel
    Sorry for hijacking but...

surely I have to be too old for these, right?
    dr-martens-dr-martens-pascal-party-people-womens-leather-8-eyelet-ankle-boots-black-white-p45132-63121_image.jpg

dr-martens-dr-martens-1461-party-people-womens-leather-3-eyelet-shoes-black-white-p45137-63126_image.jpg

• TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,293Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    NO! Why would you be? they are fun!
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Posts: 468Registered Users
    Not at all! When I'm not wearing my Asics, I wear these :D I've actually had folks compliment me on them. :lol:
    https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M54e989c669ddeddff0f36c5854befa96o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Also, I have a small foot [size 4.5 in kids] and they are also cheaper; so, it's a win/win! :occasion9:
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file